Cush Drive Rubbers

Bear in mind, very few people ever really notice a difference with the poly bushings unless you are racing. I can tell you I never noticed a difference.

As long as my sprocket carrier won't flop right out when I take the wheel off like it did with the stock rubbers, I'll be happy. I always replace stock items with aftermarket any time I can. It's fun to try new stuff.

As long as my sprocket carrier won't flop right out when I take the wheel off like it did with the stock rubbers, I'll be happy. I always replace stock items with aftermarket any time I can. It's fun to try new stuff.

They will hold the carrier in well for sure.

Looks like I got it. Frank suggested a little WD-40 to help the carrier slide into the rubbers easier. I used dish soap on the rubbers and the fingers. It seems to have done the trick with my 218 lbs standing on a block of wood and bouncing on top of it. I thumped it with a rubber mallet several time and that did not seem to press it in any farther. BTW, the rubber mallet on a block of wood is more effective and a lot safer than standing on the sprocket carrier like a ballerina!

The gap between the carrier and the housing was closed but the cover portion of the carrier does not sink all the way into the housing. The inner edge comes just about flush to the housing. The unpainted edge of the carrier cover is visible. That is how my wheel now is and it fit into the swingarm with spacers and rear brake caliper bracket perfectly. If the sprocket carrier can slide in any farther, I think the torqueing of the axle nut should do it. As long as my sprocket looks true, I'll just check that rear axle torque for a while and see if it needs any tightening.

Thanks to all for help. I'll do a little illustrated tutorial in the near future.
@shade recommends KY for lube..... he has a 55 gallon drum beside his bed if anyone is in need.... hahahahaha(im immature)
-johnson-rear-entry-ona-zees-anal-lube-3_4oz-front.jpg

Last edited:
HA-ha Ali. :laugh: School computer so I have to stay away from that one.

Here's how my sprocket carrier looked after I stood on it. After thumping it a few times, that might have seated it in far enough to just about eliminate the space between the parts but you definitely see the unpainted edge of the cover. The wheel fit into the swingarm just fine with the spacers and the rear brake caliper bracket. I'll do a little tutorial on the whole process but it is really easy.

Test rode the new cush drive and it was good. Perhaps a little bit stiffer/harsher feeling than the the OEMs which is exactly what I want from a performance cush drive. It was my first time riding the busa in a year!! Loved it. What an awesome bike!!!

Back