Current best bang for the buck exhaust system?

clean

Registered
Hi guys,

Have been looking at this Full kit ( $450USD shipped!)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-...0001&campid=5337943227&icep_item=143535996911

anyone know anything about it? obviously would be a massive weight savings from stock, but other then that dont know....welds look good etc. Says its made in the same factory as the stock setups from all the big brands.

less then half the price of the big name aftermarket stuff, and probably just a copy in header design....maybe worth a shot?

My experience with buying cheap eBay exhaust is not great. I bought exhaust for my car and poop did not fit at all. I had to make some cuts to it and weld it again. Maybe it’s gotten better over the years. Idk. Trying and let us know. Maybe it’s worth it.

I have their 4>2 headers. Pictures in my winter build project. Welds, bends, form all really good. Had them ceramic coated and the guys who do this also do pro street and other cars reckon they're really good quality. Fit is spot on. Can do oil change without dropping oil lines.

Best bang for the buck is a decent used one. I picked up a used brocks single ct for 1k a number of years ago.

I have their 4>2 headers. Pictures in my winter build project. Welds, bends, form all really good. Had them ceramic coated and the guys who do this also do pro street and other cars reckon they're really good quality. Fit is spot on. Can do oil change without dropping oil lines.

Awesome winter build thread @ottafish

What made you go with 4>2 vs 4>1? Would the 4>1 be more restrictive? The 4>1 would be lighter, but I know some prefer the look of the 4>2.

Had the same headers matched with Yoshimura R77's til the price was too good to resist on the 4-2-1-2 Yoshimura Ti system. Quality was excellent on the headers, lost a little power compared to standard headers and the slip ons but weight was saved.

Had the same headers matched with Yoshimura R77's til the price was too good to resist on the 4-2-1-2 Yoshimura Ti system. Quality was excellent on the headers, lost a little power compared to standard headers and the slip ons but weight was saved.

@Dai.

The black widow header made less power then the stock OEM Suzuki header?

@Dai.

The black widow header made less power then the stock OEM Suzuki header?
The 4-2 header from Black Widows made 3hp less than standard and they were run on the dyno back to back. Not 100% sure why or how but didn't try and rectify as I had the other system inbound.

Awesome winter build thread @ottafish

What made you go with 4>2 vs 4>1? Would the 4>1 be more restrictive? The 4>1 would be lighter, but I know some prefer the look of the 4>2.

I kinda like the look of the dual systems.. Plus I was advised that keeping the dual system gave a little more torque than a single.. And I'm a street rider, (real roads, etc. not tracks anymore) I live most of the time in the low to mid range rev's where I wanted the torque

The 4-2 header from Black Widows made 3hp less than standard and they were run on the dyno back to back. Not 100% sure why or how but didn't try and rectify as I had the other system inbound.

@Dai, was this their standard 4>2 or the later version, (what they call their race version) which is the individual header pieces with collector? That's what I've got and it was healthy on the dyno..

@Dai, was this their standard 4>2 or the later version, (what they call their race version) which is the individual header pieces with collector? That's what I've got and it was healthy on the dyno..
Hey Karl,

One of the very first ones they made and had available.

IMG_0096.JPG

Pulled the trigger on the black widow " new design" 4-1 stainless header full system for 480$ USD shipped. should be right at 14lbs. not bad for the price. Will be nice to get rid of these bazookas. will update when it arrives if anyone is interested.

Pulled the trigger on the black widow " new design" 4-1 stainless header full system for 480$ USD shipped. should be right at 14lbs. not bad for the price. Will be nice to get rid of these bazookas. will update when it arrives if anyone is interested.
Great price! Keep us updated as to the quality and how the installation goes.

Stalled yet
Have you installed yet?

Back