Curious Question for you lowered Busa\'s

OB_stu

Registered
My Busa is lowered, 1 1/2 front, 2 in rear.
Since I have lowered my Busa I have started getting large paint chips on the underside (spreading quickly up).
While this was expected being so low to the ground it is still unwanted.
I fear this problem I have created will start moving upward to more viewable areas of my body now; or so it seems.
I can only quess all lowered daily drivers have this problem too.

So...has anyone having this problem come up with a smart solution to prevent this, or those anyone care?

..and no, I stay on the payment, no gravel roads were I go.

you would get it even if it was not lowered.
you can put some of the clear mylar on it and that will stop it or a real long back part of the front fender it is comming from your front tire.

do not lower front more than 3/4" or you start hitting inside of upper cowel and you can even knock the high beam out of its socket from hitting the inner section of the top cowel.don't ask how i know either.

I have a question on lowering also. If I drop the front 3/4 to 1" and the back 1-1/2" or so, how will the bike handle? Last bike I lowered I dropped by raking the frame and while it was great in a straight line, off ramps were a wing and a prayer. My busa handles great as is but feel it will launch better if lowered. Can I have it all? Jack

Back