Cult (Legendary) bikes you've owned...

...:lol: I know what a Gamma is....

If you look back at your post, you posted RD250W Gamma...I thought you forgot to put a comma in there...and had an RD250 as well as a Gamma....which as we both know is an RG

So you can see my confusion....

Some of us share the same motorcycle riding experiences. My list...
71 750 Honda... 18 yrs old and my first motorcycle... Later on I had the motor built to an 811cc. 1st rear tire lasted 2200 miles.
2 KZ900s
1 GPZ 1100. 1981... 1st with computerized fuel injection ( that I know of )
2 V65 Sabres. the second one had the complete Hondaline fairing... always liked the way that one looked.
89 V Max... no frame and little brakes... scary bike to push hard... beautiful to look at...
1990 ZX-11... Wow! I had no idea what a difference a real frame could make... 176 indicated on a hot day in Arizona... I had to explore that feature! One run at Sonoma... 11.28 @ 128
02 Gen 1 Busa... Nice to have the torque again...
05 Valkerie... straight cut gears sound cool... no lean angle.... this can't go on! 32 mpg?
Gen 1 again... 05... down for repairs...
2010 1400 Concours... I am spoiled now... smooth... triple digit sprints on the commute... why did I wait so long?

By legendary I assume you mean any bike I swung my leg over? Haha. All my bikes have been Suzukis from a TS100, RM370, SV650, Bandit, Busa. Then a BMW K1600, and finally a BMW R1250GS. So, what do I think you're dying to know?

Most fun: SV650 (somehow managed to never drop it, but I tried very hard)
Most violent: RM370 (the actual owner of this bike let me ride it because he was afraid of it)
Scary Fast: Z900 (maybe it was my perspective at the time - borrowed bike)
Actually Fast: Busa (Busa makes speeding so easy)
Best Looking: Current Busa
Most loved: Busa (10-year love affair)
Easy to work on: Any Suzuki or anything other than a BMW!
Most Hated: I have only had one bike I hated, the BMW K1600
Most quirky: Not even close, the BMW 1250. (the noises alone coming from this thing is funny)
Slowest: Briggs & Stratten Sears mini-bike
Best All-round: BMW 1250

I forgot one... bought a brand new 1983 GS 1100 E... On YT they have a drag race with a GS up against a V Rod Harley... Not sure about the launching skills of either driver, however The GS came in 1st

I also bought a 3rd V65 Sabre one time but sold it when I realized how improved the over all riding experience is on the newer machines.

1986 Suzuki RG500 Gamma,, sold that to buy a 1993 Cbr900rr bad idea.
1974 Norton John Player Special (original not a clone) sold
1974 Norton Gus Kuhn 850 Sprint ( waiting for repairs)

Not sure if this thing qualifies, as I still own it .. 29 years now, but who's counting .. Just sits in the garage gathering dust, no interest .. I ride it once or twice a year and realize just how much better I like my Hayabusa ..

1340 motor, APE crankshaft, MRE clutch, PMFR (beadlock) wheels, Falicon connecting rods, J&E 9->1 pistons, sitting at 60 inches, blah, blah, blah ...

20210712_114720.jpg

1986 Suzuki RG500 Gamma,, sold that to buy a 1993 Cbr900rr bad idea.
1974 Norton John Player Special (original not a clone) sold
1974 Norton Gus Kuhn 850 Sprint ( waiting for repairs)
I knew a guy who still has an original John Player Special...my older brother visits him and drools over it once in a while....

I knew a guy who still has an original John Player Special...my older brother visits him and drools over it once in a while....
the magazine's at the time called them " a sheep in wolf's clothing" . uncomfortable, flexy, cantankerous, tame, but lots of thumbs up while riding.

the magazine's at the time called them " a sheep in wolf's clothing" . uncomfortable, flexy, cantankerous, tame, but lots of thumbs up while riding.
My brother had an 850 High Rider...it was a bear to ride in it's own right..and the shifter on the right was a thing to remember...

He still has a BSA 500 Royal Star and a 250 BSA scrambler-the scrambler's interesting as it was one of the last bikes produced by BSA and they ran out of parts to make it so it has a combination of Triumph, Norton and AJS parts on it..

Back