Cruise Control?

ChrisSK

Registered
Going to order a unit this week, what do you guys recommend? I want something that is tried and true on the Busa.

Thanks!

ThrottleMiester, but if you want an electronic version I know there are some out there.

ThrottleMiester ( approx $150-$175)is a nice set up, throttle lock only.
Audiovox (Approx $100)cruise is full system, after market for cars and can be used on a busa.
I have both.
The Meister is very easy to install the audiovox is not. If you are not mechanically up for the job, do the meister.
Dealer here says they don't like to do them. About $600 in labor if they would do it.

There are some people using a $20 lock, basically a plastic clamp.
Depends on your required level of comfort and the size of your mod account.

on a Busa?
rock.gif
?
thumb_down.gif

Call me a Chicken S#*t but the only thing i want opening my throttle is my right hand. Unless you go electronic, there is nothing to control load and most throttle locks will void your insurance. Check with your insurance provider.

I like the paddles that allow the palm to leverage the throttle open.... usually called a throttle rocker. http://www.throttlerocker.com/

rocker.jpg

AudioVox or Rostra. Been running mine for 2 years on my '05. Took about 2 hours to install. On the highway you set it and it will maintain the set speed. Throttle locks only work on the level, you need to keep resetting them or unlocking them for up hill and down hill changes.

I recently got a Throttlemeister, and it is easy to use even with hills. When you set it, you are just applying friction to the right edge of the grip which holds it in place. This maintains the throttle position you had when you set it. Even when set, you can still turn it with your hand, it just has friction holding it not any kind of lock or clamp.

So you're cruising straight and level, you start up a hill and just twist it back a fraction to hold speed up the hill, then when you crest the hill you twist it forward a skosh. You're still able to NOT have to constantly grip the throttle, and depending on terrain instead of 100% of the time gripping it's maybe 5% or less.

I have throttlemeisters but only use them to rest my throttle hand for a minute like others have said I like to control the throttle and do not want to put my money on any thing electrical or manual for that matter to control my throttle while I am riding.

ThrottleMiester ( approx $150-$175)is a nice set up, throttle lock only.
Audiovox (Approx $100)cruise is full system, after market for cars and can be used on a busa.
I have both.
The Meister is very easy to install the audiovox is not. If you are not mechanically up for the job, do the meister.
Dealer here says they don't like to do them. About $600 in labor if they would do it.

There are some people using a $20 lock, basically a plastic clamp.
Depends on your required level of comfort and the size of your mod account.
I ran the $20 lock you are talking about.. (Vista Cruise) and I liked it a lot better than the Throttlemeister because I could lock it with my thumb a lot easier than twisting the TM.. I never got over the habit of trying to throw the lock on with my thumb even after having the TM for about 6 months..

Am now on the Rostra... (and not going back, I like this one)

I've only used the TM, and I love it! You can set it and literally take your hands off the bars (I know it's not safe, but you can do it). I think it's probally the best mod I've done so far, I commute on the highway everyday and it really makes the ride that much more enjoyable! I think an electronic cruise control sounds nice too. You only have to use CC when you want to!

I juust put a rubber O ring in the groove between the grip and the end weight and it works nice. Try it you will love it for about 20 cents.

P9080001.JPG

one more. Sorry so blurry i was in a hurry. This really works well and it will hold a steady speed. Good luck

P9080004.JPG

I have a small diamater bungee cord that ties between throttle and bar.holds speed well and costs less than a buck.similar to the afore mentioned o=ring

Back