cruise control

These are the two I have installed on my 2008, I also had them on my Gen 1. Both work great! Of course the electronic cruise control installation is a bit more involved, but there is a few step by step threads on here that are excellent! $110 is a pretty good price, I paid $199 for mine on eBay a few years ago! At the time it was the only one I could find, so I pulled the trigger (I'm glad I did)!

"True Cruise Control - Gen II Style"

Last edited by a moderator:
Paderolis - did you do the vacuum cruise control then (what you linked) or the electronic cruise control (what you mentioned?). Going to do this mod this winter.

Paderolis - did you do the vacuum cruise control then (what you linked) or the electronic cruise control (what you mentioned?). Going to do this mod this winter.

I've installed them both and the electronic version is by far the easiest and most dependable that I have used...

Thanks, Captain! That's what I was leaning toward, to be honest. I installed one of these Audiovox CC's in a Ford Tempo when I was in college, wasn't too hard, but I had a lot more space to work in the engine bay. It worked reasonably well, but felt, for lack of a better word, "soft" to me. Thank goodness for the great install posts here!

I said it was electronic because it is electronically powered. I read that people had problems with the full electric version some years back, but I guess the issues were addressed and resolved. I actually read that the vacuum version was more reliable, I have never had any issues with mine, to date.
FYI, I used a homemade vacuum canister when I had the Gen1 but did not use it when I installed it on the Gen2. I haven't noticed any difference in the performance.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...r-advise.html?highlight=rostra+cruise+control

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa...-control.html?highlight=rostra+cruise+control

I've had my Rostra electric cruise for two years with no issues. Works like a charm and well worth the time and investment. Good luck...

Not knocking electronic cruise , but I feel they look like a hack job on the electrical wiring . Leaves the chance of being stranded on the road side . Also never a fan of attaching things to the throttle cam wheel . Bar mount = simple , no power draw , no blown fuses or wiring issues for later .
Hope I didn't piss on anyone's party

Not knocking electronic cruise , but I feel they look like a hack job on the electrical wiring . Leaves the chance of being stranded on the road side . Also never a fan of attaching things to the throttle cam wheel . Bar mount = simple , no power draw , no blown fuses or wiring issues for later .
Hope I didn't piss on anyone's party

Your going to attach to the throttle with vacuum or electronic versions, it's one of those things that does make a guy want to do a good job for sure.. There are really only 2 places you have to connect to the bike. One is on a plug wire so the system can measure the electrical pulses and the other is the VSS wire and its right on the left side of the bike. I strip back the insulation and solder the connections so the force is usually with me.. The other connections were just the usual stop light switches etc.

I loved mine and as far as I know no one has had any problems... Crossing fingers.

Your going to attach to the throttle with vacuum or electronic versions, it's one of those things that does make a guy want to do a good job for sure.. There are really only 2 places you have to connect to the bike. One is on a plug wire so the system can measure the electrical pulses and the other is the VSS wire and its right on the left side of the bike. I strip back the insulation and solder the connections so the force is usually with me.. The other connections were just the usual stop light switches etc.

I loved mine and as far as I know no one has had any problems... Crossing fingers.

I think c10 was saying he would stray away from both versions and stick to mechanical cruise control options. I had the Throttlemeister for a good while before investing in the Audiovox CCS100. While the TM is a great product, it leaves something to be desired when you have to constantly adjust it for road elevation changes. The Audiovox/Rostra systems do it automatically. With that said, I still use my TM as well as the CCS100 (independent of each other). In fact I recently bought one from an oRg. member for my Gen2, because my other one was left on the Gen1 when it got totaled.

I think c10 was saying he would stray away from both versions and stick to mechanical cruise control options. I had the Throttlemeister for a good while before investing in the Audiovox CCS100. While the TM is a great product, it leaves something to be desired when you have to constantly adjust it for road elevation changes. The Audiovox/Rostra systems do it automatically. With that said, I still use my TM as well as the CCS100 (independent of each other). In fact I recently bought one from an oRg. member for my Gen2, because my other one was left on the Gen1 when it got totaled.

I did the same, I had my TM on the bike even with the cruise control on. I used the TM when I was in the city or at low speed... Nothing better than hitting the hwy and the speed never changing and automagically adjusting..

I am still waiting for an Intelligent Bike Cruise Control like my car (Infiniti) has. I can set my cruise at 100mph if I want to and it will just follow the vehicle ahead (if applicable of course) at a preset distance all day long. The newer cars are even more advanced. Until then I am sticking with my tried and true NEP throttle lock. Been using one for about 30 years now and it has never failed me.

I think the less electrical shiit u got on ur bike the better. lord knows I've got my share of electrical goin on. jus more crap to go wrong. the throttemeister is so simple and full proof I think its the best option.

The electronic version is a little bigger so it really doesn't fit well in a GenII in the pods like the vacuum did so I would suggest doing the trash can mod BEFORE you do the cruise mod and you end up with more space in the long run....

Here is an install we did in my garage a few years ago... Man I miss those days.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/152744-electric-rostra-cruise-control.html

cap

One of my favorite Org days. Thank you so much Cap and Uncle Steve.

Back