Cruise control

troypennock

Registered
These are great if your hands do not work very well any more.

wm_normal_img_0003.jpg

wm_normal_rear_to_front_hbs.jpg

Do you have any close up pictures of how you hooked the linkage to the throttle? Where did you mount the servo at? Did you connect the relay for the brake light to the black/white wire off the tail light?

Any other words of advice for some one that is installing a CCS-100 cruise over the holiday time off?

And also the cost and general ease of install too please?

In all honesty, it is the same reason that I must now have these units that I cannot install these units myself. My hands are not what they used to be. I installed an MC Cruise (the Aussie company) on a Valkyrie and on a CBR1100XX (about ten years ago). After that, I knew the benefit of the device but could not do the install and could not afford $900 for the MC unit. I have a wrench, Dan Williams, at Cycle Shack North in Conroe, Texas. We go over the details after he puts the unit in, so that I MIGHT be able to do a repair in a pinch. Other than that he does the work. The cost of the unit is $185 and the installation is about $600 (includes building a vacuum tank for a good fit). Dan's tele is 936-756-9711 but he works at a dealership and it may take a call or two to get him.
It has been over a year since the Busa job, but the B-King should be the same and it was last week. The controller went rear of and to the left side of the throttle bodies (realestate is at a premium and this is a straight shot to the throttle bellcrank). The throttle link was the small toilet chain. I believe that the pulse was used as the signal source, instead of the coil. And, if I am not mistaken we had to use two turnsignal load levelers on the tail light lead to pick up the DIFFERENCE in amps at the LEDs in the back.

In all honesty, it is the same reason that I must now have these units that I cannot install these units myself. My hands are not what they used to be. I installed an MC Cruise (the Aussie company) on a Valkyrie and on a CBR1100XX (about ten years ago). After that, I knew the benefit of the device but could not do the install and could not afford $900 for the MC unit. I have a wrench, Dan Williams, at Cycle Shack North in Conroe, Texas. We go over the details after he puts the unit in, so that I MIGHT be able to do a repair in a pinch. Other than that he does the work. The cost of the unit is $185 and the installation is about $600 (includes building a vacuum tank for a good fit). Dan's tele is 936-756-9711 but he works at a dealership and it may take a call or two to get him.
It has been over a year since the Busa job, but the B-King should be the same and it was last week. The controller went rear of and to the left side of the throttle bodies (realestate is at a premium and this is a straight shot to the throttle bellcrank). The throttle link was the small toilet chain. I believe that the pulse was used as the signal source, instead of the coil. And, if I am not mistaken we had to use two turnsignal load levelers on the tail light lead to pick up the DIFFERENCE in amps at the LEDs in the back.

600.00 to install WOW, Semi you owe me some money :)

Nice bars there,
What brand of mirrors is that, and can you see behind you with them?
I installed the Auto Vox on my ST 1300, lots of wires and stuff to hide, Major pain.
Mike

I got to get one of these my wrist have had enough abuse .
I like how he mounted the controls right on the bar.
I do most everthing on my bike but not sure about this even after reading the Caps install and I def don't have an extra $600.00 hanging around???
Maybe I can call a local super hero (GIXERHP) :please:

The install isn't that bad. It does take time. $600 for a shop to do it is about right. Last one I did took 4-5 hours, and that was without fabricating a bar mount since the switches were mounted on the inner fairing.

I've had one of these bad boys on my Busa for a while, had it all the way through my Mexico Journey and it did wonders.
I believe I paid $11.99 for it?

vc-007.jpg

Back