Cruise control for Gen II Busa

For Xmas i got a throttlemeister have not used it yet but have heard good things about them,wife bought me the heavy,black,milled ones

Do a search on the subject. There are some vacuum operated controls out there, but don't know if they'll work on a Gen 2.
I have a Throttlemeister on my Gen 1 and it works just fine for my needs. It's just a throttle lock type device that allows you to rest your wrist for a while on a long slab ride. Sure made a difference on the 450 mile trip to Indy and back.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Anyone have cruise control on bike, and what kind is best?

Most popular and well-known is the Throttlemeister. Once the season starts up, we're sending them out daily.

I've got nearly 100,000 miles on mine. Can't live without it.

:easy: Buy Now: Throttlemeister Throttle Lock for Motorcycles | PashnitMoto.com

finish_choices_800.jpg

If you are on a budget, you can try the $20 Vista Cruise or the Nep. Worked great on my FJ1200 & ZX-11D, however, after 2 hrs with the Dremmel Tool and a lot of frustration, I could not get it to work properly on the Busa. Gave up, got the Throttlemeister and have never looked back. Love them so much, now sell them. :laugh:

If you are really on a budget, a 50 cent o ring from home depot will work too.

finish_choices_800.jpg

anyone has these installed with Rizoma Grips? pix please?

what color would suit those grips you think? How about diameter, are they thicker or same size? I think they will look awkward on my grips... no?

GR205A.jpg

Search (Rizoma Grips) quite a few posting with pics, I have a set on my Gen 1 and love them.

I have vista cruisers on my busa... works fine....you got to be a Mcgiver to make it work.

dirill to holes in side on vista plate. run a zip tie through and around bar
looky here..This was one i did on a FJR same thing on the Busa.
DSCF0003-9.jpg

Suzuki white plastic throttle grips will need work the hook that hold grips on need to be shaved off. make it nice and round or the vista cruiser might not grip right.

Last edited:
anyone has these installed with Rizoma Grips? pix please?

what color would suit those grips you think? How about diameter, are they thicker or same size? I think they will look awkward on my grips... no?

TM's here, but these look really really nice!

I promise you that an automatic cruise is soooooooo much better than a throttlemeister. I have TM on my Gen II and also a vacuum cruise... The great thing about the vacuum cruise is that it will adjust the throttle to the speed you set, it will adjust to maintain the speed. A TM maintaines the throttle position which means that if you are going down a hill you will go faster and up a hill you slow down.

I promise you that an automatic cruise is soooooooo much better than a throttlemeister. I have TM on my Gen II and also a vacuum cruise... The great thing about the vacuum cruise is that it will adjust the throttle to the speed you set, it will adjust to maintain the speed. A TM maintaines the throttle position which means that if you are going down a hill you will go faster and up a hill you slow down.

Hmmm interesting cap.Can show me the link to it?:beerchug:

i just wrapped a tiny bungee around the bars, an flip it around the grip when cruzing.
found the bungee on the side of the road and thought "hay look, free cruse control.".

Back