Crowded Cockpit (radar detector & phone mount on Ram stem & tank)

funnyman3000

Registered
I had originally planned to have my phone on the Ram stem mount and radar detector on a windshield suction, but it covers more of the console than I'd like. New plan is to use this Amazon Ram mount to hold the detector and find a way to secure my phone to the indent on tank. Has anyone mounted their phone here without using a bulky tank bag?

IMG_6315.JPG
IMG_6316.JPG
IMG_6317.JPG

IMG_6318.JPG

On his old ninja, my dad made a simple L-bracket out of a flat piece of scrap metal and mounted it through the bolts on the tank-side of the clutch reservoir bracket.

The phone was a must because I use it for navigation and Waze reports. I ended up just using two-part epoxy to attach a Ram size B ball mount to the tank. I can also dual-purpose it for a camera stick mount. If I ever decide to remove it I'll just break it off, scrape off the glue, and cover up any scuffs with a sticker.
IMG_6351.JPG
IMG_6347.JPG
IMG_6349.JPG

I have a friend that has made lots of cool stuff like carbon fiber dash boards to mount all the electronic devises on. He won the top Farkle Award one time when over three hundred ST 1100 owners gathered in Montana one year. That Gold Wing pictured looks like a rats nest.

I saw this along with a few other "handlebar" mounts, but they hit the windscreen at full lock.
Okay. Have it mounted on my Gen2 and doesn't hit. I will be putting a similar setup on the Gen3, so may have to rethink.

Back