Cross Country Trip

vincent

What blue lights?
Donating Member
Registered
So after 4 days of travel I am finally done with my Florida to California trip. The busa performed flawlessly and is still running strong. Only issues I am having is that my shoulders are stiff and my bad knee is still locked up but I got to see my kids for the first time in 4 months so I really don't care about any of the rest.

Only got pulled over one time. Texas Highway Patrol coming other direction hit me at 115. He didn't turn around, flash lights or anything, just kept going. Then about 2 miles down the road another one pulled out and got me at 92. As soon as he pulled in behind me I just started pulling over. Was stopped before he even turned on the light bar. He said that his friend caught me at 115 and started asking for all my info. Pretty sure that me pulling over before he lit me up is the only reason that all I got was a written warning for "speeds in excess of 70 mph".

In about 2 weeks I will be ready to get out and meet up with some of the other Cali riders, hit me up if your around.

Now that's what I call riding! Where in Cali are you ? Any pictures?
super.gif

No pictures. Didn't feel like buying new batteries for the camera and just wanted to get it done and over with.
I might even get to feeling frisky and clean the bike up the right way tomorrow.

Texas Hi-Po's are pretty cool. They won't give you a hard time unless you are an azz.

It probably took you 1/2 of your trip to just get across Texas.

They say from Beaumont, Texas to California when you pass through El Paso, Texas you are half way there. I love Texas

Awesome!!!
I road to The Gap in '05 and had a blast, but mine was a speed run (2.5 there, 2.5 back). Did you go I10 or I40?

Yes, they do like it when you pull over before they hit the lights. Lots of traffic on the road or were you pretty much alone at the time?

Stayed on I-10 for the majority of the ride. Superslab sucks!

There was very little traffic on the roads when I got hit. Think there was a couple cars heading opposite direction and no one within atleast of mile ahead or behind me going same direction.

Just got done cleaning the bike all up nice and pretty like, found a damned nail in my rear tire. I just had these tires put on last Fri and already have a nail. No idea how long it has been there or if its going all the way through or not. Really hoping it wasn't there when I was going over the grapevine. That would of been really bad at those speeds

Back