CRG vs. Oberon

erik.

Registered
CRG Bar End Mirror - CRG - Constructors Racing Group

VS

Oberon Bar End Mirror - Streetfighter Bar End Mirrors :: OBERON Performance Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

I've narrowed my search down to these two, and was hoping to get some feedback from other Bee owners that have one or the other, or have even tried both!

I like the look of the CRG mirrors, but I vaguely remember reading that the oberon's have built in weights to reduce bar vibration, doesn't say anything on their website though.

I will likely go with CRGs but would love to hear other's opinions before I pull the trigger. (Pics would be great too! :please:)

I have been looking for a good pair of these. PLease let me know what you went with and there outcome. PM me if you have to I am very interested in outcome.

You might PM ...Taylor (screenname) i think he has tried some of the bar end mirrors and did not have the best of luck, i think he has some off of a Z1000 now and they look nice.

I just bought my B-King and was looking to replace the stock mirrors.
How do you get the end plugs out, just grip them and pull or are they somehow screwed in.
Thanks in advance for your help

I had to try the cheap ebay mirrors. Cost about $20 to my door with adapters, from this seller
eBay My World - power.freaks

I used stock bar end weights, bolt, and nut. The mirrors come with a larger diameter bolt, so wrapped the factory bolt with some black tape so it fit snug on mirror adapter. Then put bolt thru the mirror nut (diameter is to big) Then remove the factory nut from rubber grommet, and put against mirror nut. Crank it tight adjust mirrors and go. So far been 150+ with no vibration and mirrors stayed fine.

Give them two thumbs up!!!

Ya lost me.
I never had a bike with bar end weights.
My Buell just had plastic plugs in the end of the bars. You took em out, shoved the bar end mirrors in the end and tightened the center bolt.
So the "plugs" on the end of the bars are weights, and I assume there must be a center screw under the rubber plug in the center of the weight that you loosen to remove the weight?

Ya lost me.
I never had a bike with bar end weights.
My Buell just had plastic plugs in the end of the bars. You took em out, shoved the bar end mirrors in the end and tightened the center bolt.
So the "plugs" on the end of the bars are weights, and I assume there must be a center screw under the rubber plug in the center of the weight that you loosen to remove the weight?

Yes, pull the rubber caps off, then unscrew them. Only unscrew as far as you need to, if you loosen them too much the nut will fall off into the handlebar.

Back