Crf150f

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys, Juli and I just picked up a CRF150F from a friend of mine. Its an 03 he purchased new in 04, neat little bike. We have a host of off road parks in our area and we plan to explore a few places like Red Rock Canyon and the Schimtd tunnel. Its not a power house, but is fun to ride. Since Juli has claimed this one as her own I may have to look and find a bike for me as well. Does anyone know anything about this little honda? Anything I should be aware of? Other than being a 4 stroke and needing a chain I am in good shape with it. Will most likely replace the tires after this season. Will try to get some pictures up later today after I get it unloaded.

It's a Honda.
Beat on it, abuse it, never change the oil...and it'll still be running good long after we can no longer buy gasoline:laugh:

Of course I don't know your wife, but most girls are happy with any bike that is fun and easy to handle.
The only down side to it is that it's short and small(as it's a kid's bike). So after you trail ride it for a little while, it's gonna beat you up.
A 250 and 450(4-stroke)are very similar in size and weight, but the 450 has more torque and is a lot more fun to rip through the woods. I'de look into buying one of those.
Back when I rode and raced 250 2-strokes, I found that the 80cc bikes could and would hurt me a lot worse:laugh:
Again because they were so small. Enough power to get you in trouble, and a frame/suspension that couldn't handle an adult running it wide open. It was easy for it to dance right out from under you.
The 150cc 4-strokes are the 80cc 2-stroke equivalent.
A lot of fun on a track or big yard/field. Add the ruts, hills, bumps and terrain of the woods, and sooner or later it's gonna bite you. Have fun!

If it is the small wheel then everything that sixpack said is true. If it is the big wheel then it will ride just as good as the rest of the big bikes do, just not the power. With it being the F model you don't really have any suspension adjustment for the front forks. The good news is it has a heavier fly wheel so it can handle lower RPM's for technical riding. It also has a better electrical system than the R models.

No idea Nos, here are pictures. Forum runner wouldnt load them.

20150228_122332.jpg

20150228_122342.jpg

got a new one for my son in 2006 very tough he abused it daily lasted 2 yrs before I rebuilt the top end:laugh:

Looking for a 450 for me, crf, yz, or maybe a ktm, cash in hand in southern Cal. Who has something for sale?

Back