Crazy as hell busa conversion question.

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
For a few seasons now I have been on a race team that runs a car on the salt for world speed records. We now have 2 records in the flathead class but I am thinking of building another car and even though some may find this idea a sin to the bike, I am considering a Hayabusa powered S-10 (or a busa powered Geo Metro)

The class is modified mini truck and the engine class we would be in is the “Iâ€￾ (and if we run good the “Hâ€￾ class as you can run in a higher class if you break the lower class record.)
I = 1000 to 1500cc
H = 1500 to 2000cc

The current record in this class is 112.5 and has been held sense 89.
I am fairly sure that a 250-300hp busa motor should be able to best 112 in an S-10.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone have any comments or advice about doing the conversion. (I would prefer a bed mounted motor but think it has to be in the front.....checking the rule book)?
2. Is there a program or formula to determine how much power will be needed to get a car to do 150?
3. Does anyone know where I could find a running motor that would be suitable for this project?
4. Has anyone heard of a busa powerd car or truck before?

Thanks

-JH

hummmm.... You know, I am thinking the busa motor may not be your best pick for a heavy car... Yea, it can put down 300HP, but at 300HP, maybe running 150 lbs torque. Thinking torque is getting pretty important on a heavy car like that... why bother with a busa motor again and not go with a big block v8 to do the job?

I am sure you can get a busa motor to do it... but I am trying to figure out why you would want to?

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113946161 -->

I have heard of a turbo busa powered car... 300HP! !

...But not sure where I read about it
rock.gif

Back