Crashed the busa

busaflight

Registered
Was riding in Tuscaloosa Thursday night and got hit by a young kid who said I was in his blind spot!!! Whatever, anyway the 2004 LE busa is totalled and just wandering if there is anything that I could salvage before the insurance adjuster takes the bike??  The bike flipped after hitting a curb and looks bad, I was wearing riding gear so no major injuries.  Any advice on things I should try to get off the bike, let me hear it!!  Oh, tips on how to get the insurance company to pay top dollar, other than suing, would be good too!!!

Were you well enough to beat the f out of the kid?
mad.gif

First off Welcome to the board and I'm glad to hear that you really didn't get to badly hurt.
If you're going to get another Busa talk to the dealer. Tell them your bike is wrecked and you need to know if it was on their lot how much would they be selling it for. Tell them you need to no because as soon as you get the money from the insurance company you'll be back to buy a new bike from them. When I wrecked my car because some lady pulled out in front of me this is what I did. I got the price for the dealership and it matched the insurance price to the penny. If they are saying that it is the other guys fault have your insurance look into it as well. That way if the other guys ins. tries to screw you, you have something to fight them with.

After they tell you what they are will to pay you can always ask to buy the bike back from them.

take you clutch plates out and sell em to me or you can be generous and let me only pay shipping
smile.gif
also i could use that big gold nut in the center of the tripple tree...and that rubber strap use to hold down the tool bag in the trunk along with that tank prop rod in the trunk with the clip it snaps on with. also i could use those black pieces on each side of the cluster if not damaged
biggrin.gif
you got all that? i dont think the adjust will notice any of that missing
smile.gif

smile.gif

glad to hear you were ok what to keep depends on what you had on the bike. any old pics pre accident or after.
vader1.gif

sad.gif
to hear of your accident glad your okay...find out byuy back thenm sell the stuff if it's worth it...If you remove stuff before he comes it lessens the value no matter who's fault it was,good luck...lmk what buyback is if you decide not to get it.

If you don't get the price you want do not realse them from the hospital injuries keep that ticket open say something like you want to get your back checked out more for possible injuries or future injuries. No way for them to disprove this one and they are all insurance companies hate that, they will start to offer you settlements to close it up.

Where in Milton are you and who is your insurance company? Do you have any mods?
I am also in Milton (out at NAS Whiting) PM and we'll talk

Back