Crashed - Gen 2 replacement fairings, OEM vs aftermarket

Thanks for the offer Amode!
after some searching I found an OEM left side Gold cowling that should be here in a few days. Fingers crossed it's what it is supposed to be once the box is opened. Also hoping it has the proper tape set/decals on it as those cannot be had anywhere. also ordered a left and right side OEM lower black cowel and a new front fender.

in the end I just couldn't bring myself to buy the Chinesium crap as I knew the fit and finish would bother me to no end. I'm repairing the cracked front nose cowel and left side ram air duct cover then will repaint myself with OEM YMG paint code.

I have some oem And a full set of aftermarket fairings.
I need a set of fairings for my 08.

20220705_015703.jpg

20220705_015720.jpg

20220705_015736.jpg

I had a set of Chinese fairings on my Gen2. Really quite happy with fitment and paint quality and paint color. And for the price I paid was cheap. I did not use their paint/color schemes. I sent them a quick photoshop of what I wanted, I used 2016 graphics, with my own gray/orange colors. They did sample colors and emailed me pictures. The only downside was the 4 week shipping, but was expected. Came in a huge box, everything wrapped individually. Note, it came with tank cover. I asked them to leave the Kanji and lettering off as I was going to cut my own anyways.

Orange-Charcoal Color Scheme - Hayabusa 2016.jpg

IMG_3302.JPG

IMG_3334.JPG

IMG_3337.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

@InfiniteReality
Those actually look pretty good. Not being able to establish any return communication with these aftermarket fairing Co's I decided it was better to just pay for OEM, and pay I did. The hardest part was finding an actual YMG paint coded Left Cowl which I did, eventually.

How was the fitment and finish (minus paint) compared to OEM?

Back