Crappy weather, bad luck, and AMA Racing

BigDiesel

Registered
well, folks-I made to the last round of AMA racing at Elkhart Lake this Sunday...and it f***ing poured BUCKETS as soon as I got there (12pm to 2:30pm)... thank goodness I brought my Truck-i saw over a dozen cars parked in grass that had suddenly turned into either mud lakes or just melted n the cars sank in like 2-3" into the mud....
Side Note-if you have some dope 24" chrome rims on your SUV with those skinny sport tires-NOT o good idea to park your giant Pimpmobile in the DIRT while its pouring rain-my kids n I had a fun time watching a '06 Explorer on 'supa-dubs' diggin himself ever-deeper into the mud while trying to get out of his parking space.... just for giggles I rolled up next to him n said "if you want, I could give ya a'lil "nugde" from behind?" to which he promptly replied "oh, no-I'm good"- so we went back to watching him struggle in the mud for a good ten minutes, rocking back-n-forth inch by inch. Yea he did get out but boy that was entertaining.
all_coholic.gif

The rain actually stopped long enuf for them to run the 600 Superstock race (although there were 3-4 accidents) and I got some cool vids/pics....which would all be up here right now, had I not left my $400 digital camera sitn on the roof of my truck when I left my mom's last night!
AAAssjani.gif
dont ask how PIZZD BigD is right now-I'm still kickn myself-there were 3GB worth of memory cards in the case w/the camera too
eek2.gif

somebody picked up a great present last night......
pissed.gif

oh well-I still got to see the Superbikes fly by on the back straight at 100+mph in the pouring rain-ONCE! they canceled the race on LAP ONE due to lightning, so Ben Spies is tha man once again-two years in a row, n I hope he does it again next year-but with less rain.

all in all, kids n I had a good time-threw the truck in 4wd for a bit n played in the grass, ran thru a few mud-puddles n climbed some hills on the grounds while we waited for the Superstock race to start-we camped out at the back of the front straight so we got a great view of the bikes screaming up the hill as they came through the last set of turns...wish i could share more than words witcha here, but somebody else prolly deleted all those pics by now...oh did I mention all the pics of my new house were on there too?
all_coholic.gif
fuggin a.....

all_coholic.gif

Sorry about the rain and the camera man
sad.gif
That just stinks...glad to hear you made the best of it
smile.gif

Glad that you had fun, I recorded the races and watched them last night, what a downpour!

Yeah D my friends left just before that hit which is good wouldn't of wanted teh D-max an the 8X20ft enclosed trailer stuck they said saturdays races was good so who know anyways sorry about the camera man

yea some of the RR's went up sat n they said it was freakin HOT up there all day-then of course I show up Sunday n it rains friggin cats'n'dogs!!!
guns.gif

o well, it was still fun-and I got in for FREE thanks to my boy Larry from Schauer Power Suzuki
super.gif
(free plug? you bet I'll plug his shop-he's been taking care of me from Day ONE and without this guy, I prolly would have been stuck payin alot more for my bike and everything else I put on it in the last two years!)
bowdown.gif

Too bad you got stuck with work bro-mebbe we'll meet up in IL for some races down there soon
beerchug.gif

Big Thanks  
beerchug.gif
for the Post. I saw the 600 on Speed, then the stop of the Superbikes because of the storm. But Speed NEVER came back later and said what happen, or if the race had just been postponed ! I really don't think there should be a winner on a ONE lap race. BUT, that's not something new with the screwie AMA rules  
wink.gif

Back