Crappy Farkle purchase remorse

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
I’ve seen this type of threads on other forums, so figured it would be interesting to see what the busa Riders regret purchasing due to it not working as advertise or being pure junk.
I’ll start........ spent hundreds on brembo master cylinders and then cheaped out on reservoirs, by getting some “billet” reservoirs off eBay. Shortly after install the clutch one started leaking on my custom painted inner panels and almost ruined the paint completely. :banghead: threw them in the trash and spent another $180 on rizoma reservoirs.
So,................ what have you purchased for your busa that you wish you had not?

Not going to be a popular opinion, but Throttlemeisters were mine. I was going from some really heavy solid brass knurled bar ends to the Throttlemeister heavies and the increased vibration and odd operation were just not my thing. Sold them to a member here.

Went back to my trusty old NEP throttle lock after this.

Last edited:
I bought a chinese 'Brombo' RC19 m/cyl off Ali-Express, $65 landed.
I knew it was gonna be junk but I was curious to see how crappy it would really be.
Yeah, it was crap.
Absolute crap.
I fitted it and bled it up, It actually failed to hold pressure and came right in to the bar a couple of times. Scary stuff.
Took it off immediately and binned it.

I have a 1000 Gixxer that just goes to the drag strip. I bought an Auto Shift Box and a set of Chips from MPS. Just under 300 bucks. Pretty easy to install. Took it to the track to give it a try. Made the first shift just fine. But didn't make any more. I gave it a couple more tries with the same results. When I got back home I double checked my installation. That all looked good. Monday came and I called MPS. Talked to the owner Dan. I told him what it was doing. He asked a couple questions about the bike. Then told me I was geared to low for the Box to reset. It would make the first shift. But I was not dropping enough RPM between shifts for it to reset. OK... I guess that could be the reason. No mention of that being an issue in the description of the Shift Box. Just looked and there's still nothing there saying you have to drop whatever RPM for the Box to reset.
I did recover a few bucks. There Auto Shift Box is just an MSD box. Same thing that's used to auto shift a car. I sold it to a friend. He got the Chip set he needed. Works fine for him.
Probably for the best. I wanted to try Auto Shift to see how it was. But you have more options going down the track if you're pushing the button. Live and Learn...
This is a good thread. Any one of these posts could save someone a few bucks...

I ordered one of those gimbals for keep the GoPro cameras steady. I ordered it from EVO, the wearable one. Got it mounted on the bike only to notice it could not resist wind above around 45 mpg. I went back to the website and there were no pictures or warnings saying the gimbal is not usable for motorcycles and probable snow mobiles, fast sking, mountain bikes or motorcycles. The vibrations from things with engines upset the gyros and the gimbal eventually goes crazy. I wrote them and they wrote back saying the gimbal is only good to 55 mph and higher speeds would burn out the motors. They did allow me to return the gimbal for a refund.

To me this is straight up false advertising. Who would think that an action cam can't be used for action?

I'll play!
About 5 years ago I wanted a go pro style cam. Didnt want to spend the crazy dime on one and my wife found a competitor...some sony gizmo. About a hundo cheaper. Mounted and used for about a week. Havent used it since. Takes great vids, but for my non techie azz, it is a beotch to view and upload (or download, or whatever its called. U r starting to get the pic here right?!)!
I rarely cheapout on stuff, and this is why. It wasn't $100 cheaper, it was $300 wasted.
I threaten to buy a go pro, but I really wouldnt use it much anyway Im guessin.
Troy
Btw, pretty sure I'm the one that bought Tool's throttlemeister...and absolutely love it! Use it nearly every ride!

I'll play!
About 5 years ago I wanted a go pro style cam. Didnt want to spend the crazy dime on one and my wife found a competitor...some sony gizmo. About a hundo cheaper. Mounted and used for about a week. Havent used it since. Takes great vids, but for my non techie azz, it is a beotch to view and upload (or download, or whatever its called. U r starting to get the pic here right?!)!
I rarely cheapout on stuff, and this is why. It wasn't $100 cheaper, it was $300 wasted.
I threaten to buy a go pro, but I really wouldnt use it much anyway Im guessin.
Troy
Btw, pretty sure I'm the one that bought Tool's throttlemeister...and absolutely love it! Use it nearly every ride!
My wife bought me two different knock off's Troy . Both junk / wasted camera money . Finally won a go pro @ work last year :) I like it so much better .

My brother bought adjustable levers for his bike off eBay....He was excited they only cost $50 for both shipped. I begged him to install them, told him the horror stories...didn't listen.....
After riding for 1 mile, brake lever said "f**k this" and decided to leave the bike.... Luckily he didn't wreck but he threw those things in the garbage and went back to stock...

Back