Crap in the road sucks.

Adox

Registered
I haven't been on my Busa for a while since my accident but since it was unusually "warm" and dry for this time of year I got the fever bad and took it out earlier this week. I was just turning on the main road near my house leading to the highway to go for an after-work ride when 38 seconds into my ride I hit this little treasure. A broken piece of leaf spring in the middle of the road. No idea how it got there since there was no other debris to give any clues. I stop and find that it has wedged itself between my headers, missing my radiator by about an inch but warping the plastics brace pretty good and scraping the pavement. I call my lady friend and she brings some tools and I wrench it loose but now it's too dark to see anything and I don't want to blow my front tire at 60. For those of you who are curious to know, my tire is fine and I don't have an exhaust leak, but boy did it tick me off that it ruined my ride right off the bat. Was able to ride it to work today, it was real foggy and cold but I did it in spite of that. The British guy in another dept. said as he motioned to his knees: "You must have b***s this big to ride a thing like that in this fog!" I told him: "You just gotta layer up!"

Broken leaf spring.jpg

It could'a made me fall or fouled up tings mechanically, but I'm glad that nothing really happened all in all.

Man, I am glad you did not have any issues from that. I see things fall off of cars & trucks all the time and the drivers just keep going. I know sometimes it's hard to see everything but it appears no one looks in the rearview mirror anymore. Be safe :thumbsup:

glad it didn't put you down on the asphault! :beerchug:

Glad you are ok and no serious damage done!!!! :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine from florida rode in one day and showed us pics of a piece of metal he hit in the road.
He had a CBR600 and it tore through the fairings and ripped a 7-8" gash in the exhaust header. He was unhappy about it to say the least.
But I told him how bad it could have been had it actually hit his leg instead...

Was on my way to binghamton ny a few years back and i was in my van at the time and at the nichols exit there was a 12 ft fiberglass ladder diagonally across the passing lane,that could have been a really bad day for someone....

Back