crap,easiest way to remove rear plastic

dober

Registered
Hi guys, I fuged up...I decided to remove the rear orange
reflectors,thinking the nuts would be pressed in and mounted,
well guess what, their not.So now I have to retrive 2 loose nuts on the left side.Whats the easiest way of removing
the rear plastic on a 04?

thanks

Dober

couple of fasteners and 6 push-pins is it.
Or you could just grab some pliers and pull on the reflectors while turning screws and they will come out

The job is not bad, should take you minutes or less....

From memory... (Don't quote me , but...
biggrin.gif
)

1. Remove the plastic plugs from the bottom of each side of the rear cowling. (I think there is 4 on each side.)
2. Take the rear seat off.
3. Remove the plastic plugs holding the bridge in the center.
4. Remove the two phillips screws on top with the rubber surround. (MANY SCREW UP HERE. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE SCREW DRIVER AND PUSH HARD AS TO NOT STRIP THE SCREWS.) They are in there pretty snug...
smile.gif

5. Remove the luggage screws on the side. (Pop-off the plastic inserts and then use the appropriate allan to get the job done.)

That should be about it.... I may have missed a screw or two, but I don't think so. Just use your head, go slow, and never force it. You will be fine...
biggrin.gif

Cloud

biggrin.gif

You also need to disconnect the cable from the lock to the latch. And make sure to reconnect the cable before you install your rear seat or hump.

Hi guys, I fuged up...I decided to remove the rear orange
reflectors,thinking the nuts would  be pressed in and mounted,
well guess what, their not.So now I have to retrive 2 loose nuts on the left side.Whats the easiest way of removing
the rear plastic on a 04?

thanks

Dober
use a magnet pen. worked for me .

Wow that was fast guys .
Is there a good way of getting those plastic
push connectors out so I can use them again?

Thanks again

Dober

Push the center of the pin in about a 1/4 inch or so. Then you can pry the whole thing out. You might try hitting on the bottom of the rear right around where the reflectors were with the palm of your hand (not too hard). I got one nut out (it just bounced out towards the front of the tailpiiece) way, but had to take the tailpiece off to get the other one.

Back