crank pick up year differences

1320jon

Registered
This is a new engine, I dont know what year, I bought it off a freind that had it for his busa powered sand car (his spare). Anyways, I pulled the crank sensor cover, and its different then my old one. It has probably half the notches on the crank hub? I have the pcm from the new engine as well, so could I

1. just swap the pcm, and it would read crank position correctly? even with my pc3r (are they year specific)
2. Or swap the crank hub from my old engine, balance issues? and how does it come off?

Side question, is the pick up different? I have both covers with sensors, do they have to stay with the same crank hub? Or are they interchangeable?

Mine is an 04

It appears the earlier year engine uses a different flywheel with 8 notches while the newer engine has a 24 tooth flywheel.

Just so no one actually tries to help or anything, I got it running. The flywheel was an easy swap, then it had spark. No fuel....cause it sat for so long , so I pulle dthe injectors, sprayed some carb cleaner in them, blew them out, put them back in with alittle grease around the oring. Still no fuel, no biggie they tend to stick when they sit. So I took my 16 inch 3/8 extention and tapped on the injector bodies about 20 times each...and bang.....fired right up. Sounds good too. Not like I remeber, now it has a spaz head and two intake cams at 105.

Just need to tie up the wiring, and button up the plastic and go for a ride.

never tore a motor apart but it sounds like your finally headed in the right direction. Good luck on getting it purring right!
beerchug.gif

sounds like you have a 99-2000 Busa motor. Also the wiring harness is different because the years after 2000 have any intank fuel pump and the harness for the throttle bodies are different. So if you have the harness for years 2001 and up just change the crank rotor an stator on the 99-2000 motor

Back