Craigs List Scammer -Denver

Pic

3.jpg

just curious, but how did you know it was a scam if you don't know who's bike it was?

I didnt see this add but its usually because they want less than two grand for it and/or will be out of the country and want you to send them the money and they will ship you the bike.

By the way I checked a few of the other adds in Denver for bike, man and I thought LA was expensive. $10200 for a 2004 LE
SHOCKED.gif
now thats pricey

(BigSimp @ Jun. 05 2007,21:08) By the way I checked a few of the other adds in Denver for bike, man and I thought LA was expensive.  $10200 for a 2004 LE  
SHOCKED.gif
now thats pricey
I've noticed that, too. But what we can't see is how many actually sell for those inflated prices.

It does make me consider selling mine just to go get a new one, though.

jump9.gif

(thebbbusa @ Jun. 06 2007,01:35) just curious, but how did you know it was a scam if you don't know who's bike it was?
1st  clue is the price, and look at all the mods this bike has ... owner probly has $10k additional into it or more.

In the ad there is no phone number or location, and as I expected when I sent an email to this ad the response is typical;  ... I am out of the country ... we will have ebay or some atty or 3rd party escrow hold the money until you recieve the bike ...  blah blah blah. well guess what if some one sends any $ to this guy it is GONE, I gurantee!

Here's the email I just got this a.m.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!
Thank you very much for your email regarding my Hayabusa GSXR. The bike is available at the price of 2,900.00 USD (there is no typo).
This Hayabusa GSXR is in perfect condition, with absolutely no problems. It is a bike that was well taken care of. It has 1200 original miles. Also I would like to clear that this is not a lease take over, and also it has no liens on it.
Another important aspect of the deal is that I am in London, where I have recently moved due to a very important promotion at work. This is also the main reason why the bike is for sale since it cannot be registered here. I wanted to specify this because I believe that honesty and trust come first. If you want to carry on this transaction you can be sure that it will be done smoothly. If you decide to lose this opportunity, I will respect your decision.
The bike is in USA, stored at eBay in San Jose. It will not be an over seas shipping. It will be shipped on my expenses along with the title, 2 sets of keys, owner's manual and a notarized bill of sale signed by me and by a lawyer.
Also, since you realise that due to my situation I have no time to lose so let's no waste each other's time.
Please email me with your FULL shipping address if you decide to continue, and eBay will contact you with all the details.
Thanks.
Jonathan Reaves
firedevil.gif

Back