Cracked swingarm

kulit

Registered
Hi everyone,
Read a topic a few weeks ago regarding cracked swingarms.
Checked my 99 and mine is cracked in the same location.
Around the chainguard locating bolt holes on top of the swingarm.
It looks like there was too much interference when the manufacturers installed the tapped nut serts and cracked the surrounding metal.
I don't think this is a safety issue as the cracks are in an unstressed area of the swingarm but would appreciate any input from Board Members.

1705805729222.jpeg

do yourself a favor & replace it with one that does not crack easily *

IMG_0210.jpeg

just get outside & ride ~ while you are still strong *
Episode 19 News GIF by The Simpsons

Can we please stop necroposting? | Random Thoughts

Last edited:
...that's probably what's been holding it together all this time
lol
A person I knew had a Victory Ace and the rear suspension snapped at the frame and dropped the rear end down on the tire at highway speed after they hit a bump.....

And they didn't drop it but it sure wasn't being driven home...

Not really relevant to the original concept of this thread, I just thought I'd share an interesting story and hope a crack in a swingarm doesn't lead to a flatbed ride home....

Found one regarding a broken shock mount on a Gen 3...

Lol I started riding at 17. My first bike was a 2003 R1. I HAD ZERO EXPERIENCE.... I miss that bike so much.
2003, you young pup lol. I got my first road bike at 17, that was in 1977, a 1974 yamaha 500 twin with about 40HP. I loved it but it was a piece of crap by today's standards.

Not mine, a web image. I rode mine into the side of a car, broken collar bone and much gravel rash.

Yamaha XS500B 74.jpg

Found one regarding a broken shock mount on a Gen 3...

:crazy::crazy::crazy: The problems are legion, and that's one poop bike IMO, I'll never take my life in my hands riding it after seeing that thread BB. How can they get so many things wrong. Did the Chinese buyout Suzuki or something?

Back