Cracked RS3 cans

makahabusa

Registered
Just installed some used Yosh RS3 carbon fiber cans on my 06.....there are some areas that appear cracked from a tip-over on the mounting areas. Cosmetically, I can live with but down the road will this present a problem on the mounting areas? Your thoughts. Thanks

IMG_0118 - Version 2.jpg

For a pair of used cans and the price, I can live with the way it looks. Fixing it would cost me more that I paid for them.

I don't think it should be a problem , run a search though may be a banddaid stripor patch of carbonfiber tape will make that mark completely invisible. look for it online or swing buy a hobbyshop they usually have them go for like 3- 10 bucks

Carbon fiber resin is pretty cheap, mix with hardener and brush some on. If u want to "hide" the crack u can wrap black cloth over and resin again. Under 50$ fix and after polishing the resin would look fine.

Carbon resin in clear, of you use fiberglass resin it will be yellowish.

My fix would be to make them shorties tho :thumbsup: my 1k blew over in the wind and dented my Sato, I cut it past the dent and it turned out beautiful.

I will be selling my CF RS-3 sleeve so I can get a stainless sleeve.I only have one since I have a 4 into 1 yosh.New they are $100, think I will let go for half that.

Back