crack in frame

probusa

Registered
just took left fairing panel off and noticed that on the frame there is a crack going along towards the front end of the bike.
what should i do?

will try get some pics tomorrow.it's got about 5inch hairline crack going along the weld above the bit where bobbins where.

5 inches!! That's scary! Hopefully it's just paint coat cracking. Would't be too quick blaming your friend. It's virtually impossible to crack a frame by intentional abuse.

why did i lend the fker to a friend
guns.gif

So you must be talking about where the cast motormount is welded to the alum box frame?
The horizontal weld.

Check it good! Some of the welds look like they are cracked. Steel wool over the area too make sure! Just a hope for ya! But if it is? A good welding shop can fix ya up.
beerchug.gif

Oh man not good as you've heard
puke.gif
Be careful until you get A NEW FRAME! I had a 99 SRAD almost the same situation.....Was out riding on a pretty cold day, had noticed the crack started runing but didn't pay it n e mind, and snap.....the damn frame gave way.

yes its the cast motormount pics will be up later just getting ready to go back in garage.
been having chat with wife think im just gonna sell it as bits i really cant be bothered any more.
im not going to ride something knowing full well the crack will get worse.
if any1s of ebay later there will be a full fairing going up to start with and the twin light convertion.
gonna start stripping her down and sell it as parts.
how much would i get for the engine 2000 x reg 23000 onit?
proberly get more in parts lol
i got an old cbr6 of my dads he said i could use that for time being.

Back