CR question.

Bob's burgers

Registered
So if it hasn't been obvious I am new to bikes and don't know much. Started riding this summer at the age of 43. From June 12th till last week I put on 23000 km. I had a blast.
So the question
What is the highest compression ratio you can run 91 octane at?

So if it hasn't been obvious I am new to bikes and don't know much. Started riding this summer at the age of 43. From June 12th till last week I put on 23000 km. I had a blast.
So the question
What is the highest compression ratio you can run 91 octane at?
Hi. What are you trying to do? Do you have a bike with a built motor? Do you want to build one? I am building a turbo busa for LSR racing and street. Do you have a lot of $ to spend? How fast and quick do you want to go, how much HP do you want to make? I am looking for 6 sec 1/4 mile time at over 200 MPH for LSR I want to run 280MPH. Money about $100000.00. Check out my build. my very slow build thread.

That question cannot be answered with any accuracy! Atmospheric conditions, fuel quality, mechanicals such as miles on engine (amount of carbon on pistons combustion chambers etc.) Timing, gearing load, and on and on.

Hi. What are you trying to do? Do you have a bike with a built motor? Do you want to build one? I am building a turbo busa for LSR racing and street. Do you have a lot of $ to spend? How fast and quick do you want to go, how much HP do you want to make? I am looking for 6 sec 1/4 mile time at over 200 MPH for LSR I want to run 280MPH. Money about $100000.00. Check out my build. my very slow build thread.
Thank you for your reply.
I have a gen2 motor, I would like to make some where between 210 and 230 rwhp. I would also like to do it all motor.
I followed 1busas build and I have read through your build post as well. Both of those threads gave me questions that lead to reading and learning.
Would be riding it street, and want to run pump fuel.
This should provide me with another arce to work within to figure out the motor I should build.
I'm using these question to bracket the right motor.
Best of luck in the quest for 6 and thank you for the help

Thank you for your reply.
I have a gen2 motor, I would like to make some where between 210 and 230 rwhp. I would also like to do it all motor.
I followed 1busas build and I have read through your build post as well. Both of those threads gave me questions that lead to reading and learning.
Would be riding it street, and want to run pump fuel.
This should provide me with another arce to work within to figure out the motor I should build.
I'm using these question to bracket the right motor.
Best of luck in the quest for 6 and thank you for the help
can i ask where are you from in canada?

Sure can Sandow. I am in sunny Petawawa.
So the APE big bore 1441 kit has 13.5:1 with the block unless I am reading it wrong. Which has happened.
I have read that dynamic compression and static compression are not the same but it didn't explain how to figure dynamic and I imagine there are a lot of moving parts to this.
So I came here and started asking questions.
When I was reading they were saying over certain compressions you can't run pump fuel.
So if you have a 1441 or 1407 that has 13.5:1 pistons, can you make it run on pump fuel.

So the APE big bore 1441 kit has 13.5:1 with the block unless I am reading it wrong. Which has happened.
I have read that dynamic compression and static compression are not the same but it didn't explain how to figure dynamic and I imagine there are a lot of moving parts to this.
When I was reading they were saying over certain compressions you can't run pump fuel.
So if you have a 1441 or 1407 that has 13.5:1 pistons, can you make it run on pump fuel.
I believe you must be close to @Yellow09. Iam over in BC!

Hi. You can build a 1595cc run pump gas make about 250 to 260 HP. It will be streetable. It will cost about $15,000.00. Which is a good deal but that is with out any bike mods like a longer swing arm or better brakes lighter parts like rims.

So found a dynamic compression calculator. The only thing I didn't have was the degree at which intake valve closes at BDC
Hi. You can build a 1595cc run pump gas make about 250 to 260 HP. It will be streetable. It will cost about $15,000.00. Which is a good deal but that is with out any bike mods like a longer swing arm or better brakes lighter parts like rims.
Lol Thanks Michael. I think I will shoot for somewhere between 210 and 230.
Really appreciate all the help. I found a calculator for dynamic compression and was able to locate all the data required to get an answer.
Only 1,000,003.2 questions to go

So found a dynamic compression calculator. The only thing I didn't have was the degree at which intake valve closes at BDC

Lol Thanks Michael. I think I will shoot for somewhere between 210 and 230.
Really appreciate all the help. I found a calculator for dynamic compression and was able to locate all the data required to get an answer.
Only 1,000,003.2 questions to go
Frik I'm crap at this interwebs poop!

Why would anyone build a big bore for $15k.
You can build a turbo bike with more power and cheaper

Why would anyone build a big bore for $15k.
You can build a turbo bike with more power and cheaper
Class rules for 1!
Different things for different folks? I personally prefer boost, but am just as comfortable with NA or N20, not everyone is.

$100k??? Who con’d you in to spending that much money?

Back