Coworker and fellow rider's family needs HELP!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
i have worked with this man for 3 years now. we dont talk much at all he is generally very...uptight. i have known about his one son's accident but i was not aware of his other son's illness. we are holding mass benifits for him and his children. take a moment to read if you can its truely sad what his children are going through and what his family has to do even keep hope alive. go to his website at Home ill copy and post if you cant go to the link.:please: if you can donate anything the link is on the website for paypal. he may ride a harley..but his kids deserve better than this!!! let him know the org (and sportbike riders) have big hearts too!!

Blog

Welcome!
Jay Richardson 22-Sep-2009

Welcome!
Jay Richardson - Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Hello,
My name is Donna King. My family has been through so much. I have been married to my husband Jack for 24 years and we have four brave children.

My oldest son Michael, who is now 25 years old, has Beckers Muscular Dystrophy. When Michael was 15 years old he was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy. He was going into heart failure. Before this happened he had been fighting very hard to stay out of a wheelchair. Michael also had received his black belt in Tae-Kwon-do. He tried to stay very active and keep his muscles in shape. Michael ended up in Childrens Hospital in Pittsburgh waiting for a heart. Michael was down to maybe a week to live when a miracle from God happened, he received a new heart. Michael had been doing very well with his new heart when Michael got more bad news; he was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. He is now again fighting for his life.

On top of everything that has happened to Michael and our family this far. Michael’s younger brother Jackson was involved in a near fatal auto accident. On his way to school the morning of May 9, 2006, Jackson was pulling out of a friend’s driveway when tragedy struck the family once again. He was T-boned by a driver going between 70 and 80 mph on a 45 mph country road. Jackson was not able to be removed from the automobile immediately because the towing devise from the pickup truck was lodged in his hip. Once removed from the automobile, he was life flighted to our local hospital and he was taken into surgery right away. After about an hour in surgery the trauma doctor came out and informed Jack and I of Jackson's injuries. Jackson had two collapsed lung s, a fractured pelvis, his heart was moved out of the heart cavity due to the force of the impact, and he had a severe brain injury. The doctor gave Jackson only a 20 percent chance of making it through the night. But Jackson was in such great shape after getting ready for football camp that he made it through the night. Jackson was in a coma for three weeks. When he finally opened his eyes he could not talk or respond to anything. Jackson has gone through extensive therapy. I had to give up my job of 16 years to care for my boys on a daily basis.

My two beautiful twin daughters, Brooke and Brandi, help when they can. It has been devastating for the 15 year olds to watch their older brothers struggle every day. They have always looked up to their brothers. Watching Michael fight for every step he takes and watching for Jackson to make the slightest of movement has been difficult Brooke and Brandi always give 100 percent in all they do in school and in sports. They have wanted to do their best in everything because that’s what they have seen their brothers do.

Jackson, was an exceptional football and basketball player. He lettered in both sports in the 9th grade at Seneca High school. He has touched so many lives both in school and in the community. Everyone that knew Jackson loved him and the smile that he gave to everybody. He would always go out of his way to make you laugh or get a smile out of you. After being with Jackson you walked away always feeling good about life.

Things have become so hard for our family. We are desperately looking for ways to help our sons. We have come across adult stem cells as a means of possibly helping our sons. I have talked to so many people that have received this therapy. They have been improving. This therapy is done in Germany at the X-Cell Center. They take out your own stem cells from the bone marrow in your hip. Then they separate the plasma and blood from the stem cells. They put them into a device which allows the stem cells to multiply. When the stem cells reach a certain number they either inject them intravenously or through lumbar puncture. This procedure can repair damaged muscle tissue and brain tissue. This procedure is our last hope, but it is very expensive. Then there is the problem of getting Jackson on a jet to get him to Germany. Jackson is in a semi-alert state.

Please help our family. Jack and I spend every waking moment and I lay awake at night trying to find ways to improve their lives. We will never give up. Our sons have very strong wills. It is so hard to watch them and know I can help them but do not have the resources to do so. We have a lot of hope and have always kept a strong faith in God that He will send angels to help.

www kingsfight com

Last edited:
very sad story indeed. Makes me troubles so small. I will help out. can't do much but if everyone gave just a dollar that would be $25,000+ more than they have now.

Have them check into Angel Flight. It's a charitable organization that arrages medical transportation. My company has participated by having people who need treatment away from home fill in seats on our company planes. There are other similar organizations that do this as well. I intend on making a donation to this family. It sounds like they deserve a break.

bump... and look to a forum auction to benifit, :cheerleader:comeing soon thanks to a donation!!!!

im sending messages to the "important" people again so we can get this auction up to speed....ohh....bump lol

Bump, because I want to see what you are auctioning off. I just might want it.:poke:

so far this is what we are auctioning a set of ColdGear pants and shirt or set of HotGear pants and shirt of the winners choosing. ill make a thread once i get clearance for takeoff from the captain.

cold pants.jpg

cold shirt.jpg

hot pants.jpg

hot shirt.jpg

update another member is donateing a complete HID kit for us to auction off also..once i get more details....

ok i got the go ahead i will get this posted up once i get home from work tonight and we will run a auction for these items...if anyone else has anything to donate please let me know ill get it up or feel free to donate any amount to the pay pal link on thier website listed on first post of this thread

hope nobody is offended after the FT hood thing today ill get the auction up tomorrow... again thanks for all the thoughts and if you have any other things you would like to donate for the auction get ahold of me asap!1

Back