Cowl VS seat??? No performance difference

umairhashmi

Registered
Like most busa owners in the US i got the rear passenger seat along with the Cowl.Although the cowl looks good i certainly dont see any performance difference when it comes to cowl versus seat.I like to keep the seat on in case some good looking female asks me for a ride ;)
Does the cowl really do much other than the good looks?

It keeps me planted under hard acceleration better than a bare seat behind me. On tour I have a seatbag in place of the hump behind me that works as well. My guess would be that, like the hump on racing leathers smoothing the wind behind your helmet is similar to what the hump does behind your torso at speed. Just a guess though. BTW, out here if you're looking for women passengers you have to carry an extra helmet or they have to carry one.

IMG002__Small_.JPG

Seat all day every day!!!

I wont see any performance difference as my big a$$ doesn't help the aerodynamics either way.

(thepushercg @ Dec. 16 2006,09:00) they make a rear seat for a busa ?
exactly.  I can't hit the twisties with a no leaning women on the back  
laugh.gif

I think it makes the bike look sexier
beerchug.gif

Hmmm, twisties or women......

I know its a tough call for most but I need my seat.

(CBXRider @ Dec. 16 2006,02:31) My guess would be that, like the hump on racing leathers smoothing the wind behind your helmet is similar to what the hump does behind your torso at speed.
bingo. the hump is there to reduce drag as air passes by and over the rider. just like the video on youtube explains the bike was aero designed with a rider on it for minimum drag cg.

Performance gains probably begin at ....

lets see....

what 180mph, yup that's useful to the average rider
tounge.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Dec. 16 2006,20:41) Performance gains probably begin at ....

lets see....

tounge.gif
That was about what I was going to say. 150+ or so. You'd have to take it to the Texas mile or Maxton to be able to tell it.

I think it looks better with it on the bike and my wife won't think I'm giving rides to other women!
wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Dec. 16 2006,01:41) Performance gains probably begin at ....

lets see....

tounge.gif
actualy about 184mph

Back