Cover me boyz,I'm going in....

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Tomorrow 9 AM my buddy is opening up his downtown bike shop to me.It will be nice to visit my old lift,welders,air tools(17 of 'em) speciality tools,etc. :banghead:
I'm hoping there will be some Hi-Tech techs with the know how to walk me thru some stuff. I may even ask for some phone numbers to speed things up.Folks like Boosted Cycle,etc. I have never wrenched a turbo before. Wish me luck. Althou,with all the back-up on here..."Luck is not a Factor.) Rubb.

Tomorrow 9 AM my buddy is opening up his downtown bike shop to me.It will be nice to visit my old lift,welders,air tools(17 of 'em) speciality tools,etc. :banghead:
I'm hoping there will be some Hi-Tech techs with the know how to walk me thru some stuff. I may even ask for some phone numbers to speed things up.Folks like Boosted Cycle,etc. I have never wrenched a turbo before. Wish me luck. Althou,with all the back-up on here..."Luck is not a Factor.) Rubb.
Hope it all works out well for ya bud,
We have your back!

@rubbersidedown
Hey Rubb, what are you actually gonna do to the bike?
Tell us more . . . I'm intrigued, I'd like to come along on your journey with that beautiful turbo Busa you have.

The controller for the turbo,an' AMS 1000 has an error message.
Reads: A critical error has occured with the boost map sensor. :banghead:
I know very little about the turbo on my bike,but I'm about to learn.Just like a Busa,I'll learn fast.:race: Rubb.

The controller for the turbo,an' AMS 1000 has an error message.
Reads: A critical error has occured with the boost map sensor. :banghead:
I know very little about the turbo on my bike,but I'm about to learn.Just like a Busa,I'll learn fast.:race: Rubb.
Usually that error is because the signal from the map sensor to the AMS1000 is missing or wrong
Four wires should be checked
# 8 12v power
#7 ground
Two wires to map
#13 Map 5V
#14 Map Ground
it is missing #13 or #14
with just #8 and 7 connected you should get 5v between #13 and ground

Simple

Usually that error is because the signal from the map sensor to the AMS1000 is missing or wrong
Four wires should be checked
# 8 12v power
#7 ground
Two wires to map
#13 Map 5V
#14 Map Ground
it is missing #13 or #14
with just #8 and 7 connected you should get 5v between #13 and ground

Simple
Hi. 202mphbusa. My pistons are not just recut blanks. They are the same ones that Rick and Eric had made by JE but flat top 10 to 1s.

Got it figured,the sensor,checked all just to make sure.Wires are good,grounds are good. Chatted with Richard from RCC turbo's today.He's helped me out before.New sensor here on Monday..Back in business.Couple pics,nothing too good.Buddy started out in the bike salvage field,but does mostly repairs/maintenance/parts/etc. Some times thou he has a hard time turning down the turds.He does make money on them.People call up all the time and ask whats my 1981 seized up Virago worth? Ahhhh...nothing.Well you can have it if you come pick it up. So he puts them back on the road or sells the parts and puts the rest in scrap bins to be sold by the ton.This is the place where old Gixxers,Ninja's,etc etc come to die.
Good day thou,traced the prob fairly qwik.Toughest part of the whole job,the fairings. :banghead: Rubb,out.

Wasn't really on my game for a bit this morning,after the oil/filter hot change I took off the left side plastic...:banghead: ignoring the advice that the sensor in question would be close to the waste gate..oops. Arrow shows the sucker in question.For anyone in this delema.

Then shop owner Jimmy put me to work on a little Honda,yukk.Payback is a beotch.Not really,one hand washes the other you know,especially in these Corona times.:crazy: Rubb.

OK,sensor is in,I'm going back in under the sheets in about 2 hours.Man I hope this is it and the AMS1000 resets itself or does whatever its supposed to do.Wish me luck. RSD.

Back