Couple weekend additions to Violet

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
A few years ago, I added a couple switches in my left inner to manually turn on the fan and also to turn off my HID.

Got the hookup from Russell on the PMR switches. I picked up a triple barswitch and also added a momentary switch to the order (more on that in a bit). Figured I'd move the switches off the inner (I'd like to paint the inners and the switches are in the way).

Everything I have is either controlled by relays, so I don't need wiring that will handle a lot of current...so I grabbed some black CAT5 cable and soldered everything to the switches...

IMG_0060.jpg

Switch mounted

IMG_0064.jpg

Covered the back up

IMG_0068.jpg

OK, so back to the momentary switch... I've been carrying around my garage door opener in my tank bag; not always convenient. So, i took the opener and ran some wires to it and soldered them to the switch terminals.

IMG_0059.jpg

All closed up and it will still function normally.

IMG_0056.jpg

Right now, I just tucked it under the inner, by the fuse block, but I'll likely run cable to the tail and put it back there; easier to get at to change the battery. Opener works great...just a push of the momentary switch and door opens and closes ;)

And for the final addition, a 3BR Powersports 5v DC USB power port...

IMG_0070.jpg

Now I just plug in my iPhone and put it in my Bagster while out riding...it stays charged!

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Omar. Captain schooled me on soldering this weekend. No more crimp connections for me. You will like the 3BR outlet. I love mine and it keeps the droid going. :thumbsup:

Looks good Omar. Captain schooled me on soldering this weekend. No more crimp connections for me. You will like the 3BR outlet. I love mine and it keeps the droid going. :thumbsup:

Just talked with Doug - he told me of all y'all did. Yep - soldering is the way to go! I soldered and then put heatshrink on all the connections.

Man that is just crazy how some folks can do stuff like that without even battin an eye!! All the add ons are outstanding and clean setup!! :thumbsup:

I like the idea of the Cat5. I already bought a ton of 22 gauge wire though unfortunately :-(

What did you cover the backs up with?

Back