Couple of questions about HID install

crepitus

Registered
I have a kit coming and was reading about the install on a search I did. I guess one problem you run into is having to make a spacer for the bulb. Is this for all kits? I figured if you ordered a H& bulb it should fit correctly right?

My second question is about the delay or switch. I was wondering if you could just switch to your high beam when you start the bike then just flick on the low when started. Or are the low and high on when in high beam mode (my low is out right now which is why i got the kit).

Anything else i need to know about the install?

What year bike? I didnt make a spacer for my Gen 1, but I think you need one for the Gen 2 so you can seat the bulb square in the housing. The Gen 2's take a little more finess to aim. But the install overall is not bad. A water hose rubber washer works great too by the way.

the year is an 01. that stinks about the high beam. i may just wire the low beam using the high beam wires until I get a delay timer. then i can start the bike with the low on ( no light and flich it to high which would be the low when i start going. or buy a toggle and see where i can mount it. i am picky about that stuff. dont want to see it or drill holes in my bike.

buy a switch...5-10 bucks can go anywhere. also probably want the timer. i just did the install.....spacer is needed, and also set aside a day to do it and do it right.....losing the ballasts and all the wiring in there isn't easy, but well worth it....love the look. let us know how it goes......

I have my low beam on a switch with a relay, can turn it on and off at will.

I have a kit coming and was reading about the install on a search I did. I guess one problem you run into is having to make a spacer for the bulb. Is this for all kits? I figured if you ordered a H& bulb it should fit correctly right?

My second question is about the delay or switch. I was wondering if you could just switch to your high beam when you start the bike then just flick on the low when started. Or are the low and high on when in high beam mode (my low is out right now which is why i got the kit).

Anything else i need to know about the install?

You have an '01 you can put a switch or TDR in line with the low beam, just keep the hi beam off with the factory dimmer switch.

Yes, on the kits I'm familiar with you'll have to make a spacer for the low beam. Other than that plug and play :thumbsup:

Back