Couple of ? on the 08

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
Does it require the small airbox mod?
Which TRE should I get?
Are the stock fans adequate?
Does it really need a Power Commander? I know this has been discussed and determined that it doesn't however I still see people putting them on.
Do I need to plug the hose for the PAIR system to prevent backfiring / popping on deceleration?

no air box mod for the 08.

make your own TRE... 6800 ohm resistor for 5n55555... or 22K ohm resistor for the 1n23455 mod...

fans work fine no overheating.

power cammander for that extra 2-5 hp.

block the hose for the pair valve = back fires stop happening..

hope this helps...

Last edited:
For the TRE, I'd suggest getting the switchable derestrictor from BoostBySmith

His quality is fantastic, and Greg was very helpful over the phone. (My dumb ass didn't know which plug it went in)

You only need to block off the hose if you add an after market system. And do get Greg's derestrictor with switch works great.

Last edited:
I got the Muzzy fans from Schnitz racing. Not that my bike was overheating, but I did notice alot more air being pushed across the motor. I do recommend the X-Tre. I like the easy install and keeping my gear indicator.

Hey John, I missed something. When did you get the 08...any pics:)

I rode Steve's in Oklahoma in October and I didn't think it needed a thing:beerchug:

Does it require the small airbox mod?
Which TRE should I get?
Are the stock fans adequate?
Does it really need a Power Commander? I know this has been discussed and determined that it doesn't however I still see people putting them on.
Do I need to plug the hose for the PAIR system to prevent backfiring / popping on deceleration?

Just ride it Bro...it's GTG :thumbsup:

No mods required :beerchug:

Depends on the pipe, sounds like you're adding a pipe, some require the PC and others don't. From what I can tell, if the pipe comes with a bung for the O2 you're good. The manufacture should be able to answer your question.

Otherwise as stated GTG

Just ride it Bro...it's GTG :thumbsup:
Otherwise as stated GTG
Are you guys saying :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
quagmire_giggity_giggity_goo.jpg

Last edited:
John,

I've got a brand new still in the box PC-III USB, I'll make you a deal on. I've got a Bazzaz box coming so I just want to move it. See sig, if you are interested...

Thanks for the responses guys. Don, I pick it up tomorrow, Robert, I am just adding slip-on's, the rest of you, what's a TRE?

What slip ons are ya gettin Johnnie? Greg did the marble mod on mine but that was it, runs good to me!:thumbsup:

Timiing retard eliminator for the first 3 gears. It allows the bike to make more low end power by giving it more timing and a different fuel map to use. It also allows the secondary throttle blades to open faster too.Suzuki didnt want you to kill yourself as quickly, so they dailed back the power some.:rulez::race:

Sorry Warbird, you were one of the last people I figured would fall into that trap.:rofl: Angel, I am getting the Yosh RS-77 Carbon Fiber. I know it costs the same as a full system 4 into 1 however I am trying to keep the decibels down. Getting a bit cranky and intolerant of loud noises in my old age.:laugh:

Sorry Warbird, you were one of the last people I figured would fall into that trap.:rofl: Angel, I am getting the Yosh RS-77 Carbon Fiber. I know it costs the same as a full system 4 into 1 however I am trying to keep the decibels down. Getting a bit cranky and intolerant of loud noises in my old age.:laugh:
Hey did you see if maybe you could get one of the TiForce systems before they go belly up? Check with Ryan..

Racer V it is ok! I was posting for the other noobies who may have not known what a TRE was!!! Kind of like of.......like yourself!!!:poke::laugh::whistle::moon: All in good fun!:cheerleader:

Back