Couple Basic Questions To Get My Mod Habit Going

goblinsix

Registered
Hey Folks,

I have two questions.

First, is there a kit for the Busa that makes the rear tail-lights flash a few times before going to a solid? I have a kit on my HD that flashes the rear turn signals and brake light three times really fast before coming on when I hit the brakes. It helps a lot in traffic to signal drivers behind me. At night it also allow me to grab my front brake really quick if I am stopped at at light and need to signal cars behind me. I have found that it does get peoples attention since I am not as visible as a cage.

Second, so what are the first few "must have" mods that I should do to my Busa? I am not going to tinker with exhaust or wheels yet. But I was curious if there is any good insider info that anyone could share. I've been searching through the topics here on the forum.

#2 Install HID lighting

Last edited by a moderator:
ABSOLUTELY, I have back offs installed on my Busa. Go see Pashnit at Pashnitbusa.com great price work just fine.

Welcome John, fresh meat! Welcome to madness. :laugh:

Couple buy now links for you to look over. The flasher thingy for the taillight is a very simple low cost module. In stock, pick one that works for you. BackOff XP is most common and I've got the wig-wag on mine (scroll down & see the install pics)

Headlight modulators are also on this page if you really get into visibility mods.

:easy: Buy Now: Lighting modules for Motorcycles - Headlight Modulator, Back Off, Diamond Star | Pashnit Moto

BackOff_XP.jpg

BackOff_XP.jpg

Awesome...I'll be placing an order for some stuff by Friday. I am browsing now looking at things I "need".

Second, so what are the first few "must have" mods that I should do to my Busa? I am not going to tinker with exhaust or wheels yet. But I was curious if there is any good insider info that anyone could share. I've been searching through the topics here on the forum.

John, sometimes I'm chatting with Busa owners on the phone and they'll ask me this question. Problem is I never quite get the right answer for them on the fly b/c they each have a direction they want to go with the bike.

You want a sport-touring machine, a bling-ed out boulevard looker, or off to the track? Busa can be anything, that's part of the magic of why they sold tens of thousands of these things.

The PashnitBusa.com site is a good place to start to just wander through the product A-Z categories and see which direction you want to you. :thumbsup:

Personally, I'm a huge fan of braking mods (toss your stock lines as soon as you can) and of course appearance mods to make it look the the way you want. My Mod Story is here on mine.

Low cost appearance mods are swapping mirrors, seat, windscreen, levers, undertail, pegs. Appearance mods are generally cleaning up the shape of the bike.

Safety mods are brake lines, pads, modulators front and rear, and even the all new Clearwater Hi-Power LED Light kit for the busa.

Last edited:
Cool. I just sold my 848 and am going to run a Gixxer in CCS and maybe WERA in the Spring, so my Busa will be my cruising bike and daily rider. I do want to trick it out, but also add lighting and mods that are more around safety and controls first before I attempt to increase any speed components:-) So brakes, lights, and controls have my attention now. I'll PM you with any questions about products. I'll be ordering this week. Thanks for the help !!!

I run a turn signal flasher I found in my tool box. It is inline with the signal from the brake. It flashes at a rapid rate because it things a light is out, how it's done on your car. Free to little cost mod. It will flash until I let the brake go. Much better than just a few clicks and then solid in my opinion.

I found this website when I typed in the flasher part number and it gave me the idea.

Flasher Instructions

flash.gif

Back