Counting my Holiday Blessings..

Wow R8...didn't know that about you and Jailbait! YAY for Organ donors. Jefferycarman assures me that my organs will be put to good use...and his will be too! As will my parents. We all know what our wishes are.

And, double WOW R8...I thought you were going to be making a joke. Very beautiful thread my friend!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

r8

wow awsome post, living with a husband who has cancer i know all to well what a blessing it is to have the one we love most with us. 5 days ago i renewed my licience and was asked if i wanted to me a doner sp? and at first i thought no, even though i have sighned yes before on my licience , then i saw a flyer on a little girl that would have survived if she would have just had a doner and i agreed to be one. mabey it seems scary or creeps us out to think of it but like said before we wont need it anymore and if i can help someone live and be with the ones that love them, then i am truly happy

wow awsome post, living with a husband who has cancer i know all to well what a blessing it is to have the one we love most with us. 5 days ago i renewed my licience and was asked if i wanted to me a doner sp? and at first i thought no, even though i have sighned yes before on my licience , then i saw a flyer on a little girl that would have survived if she would have just had a doner and i agreed to be one. mabey it seems scary or creeps us out to think of it but like said before we wont need it anymore and if i can help someone live and be with the ones that love them, then i am truly happy

May GOD bless you.

I don't push the Donor subject here however to see the "gift of life" every day with Jailbait..well..words can't describe it. It is a blessing and not one day goes by that Jailbaits Donors are in our thoughts.

Here are some stats.

Waiting list candidates 100,803 as of today 9:08pm

Transplants January - September 2008 20,951 as of 12/19/2008

Donors January - September 2008 10,610 as of 12/19/2008

http://www.optn.org/

http://www.optn.org/latestData/step2.asp

r8

Last edited:
May GOD bless you.

I don't push the Donor subject here however to see the "gift of life" every day with Jailbait..well..words can't describe it. It is a blessing and not one day goes by that Jailbaits Donors are in our thoughts.

Here are some stats.

OPTN: Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network

r8

It's amazing to see those numbers. I've always been a donor, but just recently I was told it's not enough to just have it on your license....you need to let your family know you want to donate if something should happen. Unfortunately organs aren't always donated as they should be....and not just because they can't be used.

I have mine listed on my Health Care Proxy that Dave carries. Just in case.

It's amazing to see those numbers. I've always been a donor, but just recently I was told it's not enough to just have it on your license....you need to let your family know you want to donate if something should happen. Unfortunately organs aren't always donated as they should be....and not just because they can't be used.

I have mine listed on my Health Care Proxy that Dave carries. Just in case.

If it's marked on your license and you carry a donor card you are good to go.

At least in Arizona.

r8

You can donate more then just organs. You can give your eyes, skin, lungs, bone,liver,pancreas,kidneys and your heart.

May GOD bless you.

Here are some stats.

r8

I am not trying to be rude, but it never occured to me, to not be and organ donor when filling out my drivers license forms.

What leads some to think twice about it?

It is a personal choice. Your body, your life, your choice.

If you research the numbers there is a great shortage.

r8

12 hours later..

Waiting list candidates 100,795 as of today 9:31am

Notice the top number was reduced but the lower numbers are the same? One can only assume they died waiting on a transplant. 8 people in 12 hours. Almost one an hour.

If the case it is very sad. Very sad indeed.

r8

Last edited:
Back