Counting my Holiday Blessings..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
I have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas Season. I am blessed with great friends, most here on this site, good Health (I really don't take care of myself) my Mother and Step Father are 82 years young and still going strong, a good job, roof over my head and food on the table. If I desire something I usually just get it. (Comes with no Children I suppose.)

I looked at Jailbait last night and said "You know what I'm really thankful for?"

She gave me the "what ya buyin now" look. :laugh:

I am thankful for your good Health and the Organ Donors that gave a better Life to you.

Yup, that pretty much says it all to me. So this Holiday Season hug your Wife and Kids. Hug your Friends, pet your Dog and scratch your Cat behind the ears. Contact old friends, wish people a Merry Christmas and to those going through tough times..GOD Bless and good fortune to you.

Life really is good you know.

Jailbait..I :love: you.

r8

I am right there with you R8. Last Christmas life seemed terrible and awful. This Christmas is such a 180, I find that I am laughing, loving and having a great time!!

What a difference a year can make!

I am right there with you R8. Last Christmas life seemed terrible and awful. This Christmas is such a 180, I find that I am laughing, loving and having a great time!!

What a difference a year can make!

The fist part of the year was stressful to say the least. Almost lost Jailbait as a matter of fact.

Much different now and I'm thankful for it.

r8

Very Nice. You are truely blessed.

God bless organ doners as well. I once saw a bumper sticker that said something like: Donate Your Organs, God know you don't need them in Heaven.

Very Nice. You are truely blessed.

God bless organ doners as well. I once saw a bumper sticker that said something like: Donate Your Organs, God know you don't need them in Heaven.

I have gone through three (3) out of four (4) Jailbait has had. The "Gift of Life" is a wonderful thing.

These cost $50.00 per year more with most of the proceeds going to the Transplant Center. I had to personally call the License Bureau to get this one.

Long story but I got it. :thumbsup:

r8

0013.jpg

Last edited:
When I voted this year I gave my driver license for identification purposes. The elderly gentleman looked it over front and back, as he handed it back to me he said "Thank You" in a very firm voice. I looked at him puzzled and I guess he realized I had on idea what he was thanking me for...he held on to my license for just a second or two longer, I though he was gonna make me play tug of war with it, and said "Thank you for being a Donor".
Made me feel kidna good....never had anyone thank me before!

When I voted this year I gave my driver license for identification purposes. The elderly gentleman looked it over front and back, as he handed it back to me he said "Thank You" in a very firm voice. I looked at him puzzled and I guess he realized I had on idea what he was thanking me for...he held on to my license for just a second or two longer, I though he was gonna make me play tug of war with it, and said "Thank you for being a Donor".
Made me feel kidna good....never had anyone thank me before!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

r8

Yep, I have the organ donor sticker on my card. It is true, we do not need the organs in heaven!

I did not know (until the organ donor people told me) that it does not matter if you sign up yourself and have 100 cards taped to your body. If you do not discuss your wishes with your family (the one who will make the decisions), they have the power to veto the decision if they want to.

Last edited:
Thanks John.... always enjoy your perspective.. funny thing about your phone calls, always leave me in a better frame of mind...:thumbsup:

I know exactly what you mean. There have been several occasions during the last 19 years when my lovely wife was on the edge of death's door and I feared of losing her.

We've been fortunate beyond belief, though. She's always been able to get the medical attention she requires to survive and come out the other side and come back to me.

And me? I have everything in life that I could possibly want.

--Wag--

Wow R8...didn't know that about you and Jailbait! YAY for Organ donors. Jefferycarman assures me that my organs will be put to good use...and his will be too! As will my parents. We all know what our wishes are.

And, double WOW R8...I thought you were going to be making a joke. Very beautiful thread my friend!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Back