counterbalancer

g-pack

Registered
have anyone tried removing the counter balancer? any side effects,healthy or bad gains?coz one of my frendz did that mod,it feels 'light' when i rev-up his bike..

Most drag racers I know remove theirs. A few people I know in the car world remove them as well.

I pulled mine. The only downfall I've noticed is vibration. I rode it to Austin (about 60 miles away) and that's about all I noticed, extra vibration. Did a track day and 3 dyno pulls with no side effects thus far.

The bike just all around vibrates more. My brother's bike had high compression and cams, but my bike vibrated more and it's stock. Cruising on the freeway and you start to notice little things here and there that are ringing and/or rattling that didn't before, due to the extra harmonics.

(cougar694u @ Feb. 05 2007,08:08) Most drag racers I know remove theirs.  A few people I know in the car world remove them as well.

I pulled mine.  The only downfall I've noticed is vibration.  I rode it to Austin (about 60 miles away) and that's about all I noticed, extra vibration.  Did a track day and 3 dyno pulls with no side effects thus far.

The bike just all around vibrates more.  My brother's bike had high compression and cams, but my bike vibrated more and it's stock.  Cruising on the freeway and you start to notice little things here and there that are ringing and/or rattling that didn't before, due to the extra harmonics.
did you have your crank rebalanced after removing the gear?

It spins opposite the crank and is designed to counter any slung weight of the crank. The Mitsu GS-T's & GSX's have them, chrysler's 2.4L has one. It's there mostly to smooth it out.

I could understand having to have the crank rebalanced if I took the flywheel off (or used a different one), but a counterbalance is there to help stop vibration and isn't apart of the rotating assembly of the crank (as in dampner, flywheel, etc). It's a separate entity that's being spun off the crank.

Yeah, I know, but it couldn't be worse than a harley, right?
jump9.gif

(cougar694u @ Feb. 05 2007,15:09) It spins opposite the crank and is designed to counter any slung weight of the crank. The Mitsu GS-T's & GSX's have them, chrysler's 2.4L has one. It's there mostly to smooth it out.

I could understand having to have the crank rebalanced if I took the flywheel off (or used a different one), but a counterbalance is there to help stop vibration and isn't apart of the rotating assembly of the crank (as in dampner, flywheel, etc). It's a separate entity that's being spun off the crank.
Thanks.

Back