Counter balancer adjustment

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Break it down for me, please?

Ive got a bad vib in my 06, I've checked all the simple things and after some more reading around here and some advice from Isiahstites, I'm thinkin the counter balancer is my next item. Ive found it and been told its basically a cam inside. If I turn the adjusters screw a full 360 I'll be back where I started. So, how much should I turn it to try to fix my vib? Is it a sensitive thing where a little goes a long way? It's never been touched and the white marks from the factory are intact.
Thoughts? Tips? Ideas?

Lots of vibration threads lately. If a person has exhausted the standard fixes (like TB sync) I guess this could be worth a shot.Page 299 of the gen II manual is about the best step by step.
Ajustment is fairly fool proof. You are not going to affect motor timing etc.Its been discussed several times about the removal of the balancer for weight savings,less rotating mass,less rpm drop between shifts blah blah blah.
IF you are going to mess with it,do so in small incriments,my guess is you could end up back at the factory marks.

I am probably going to mess with this at some point,more out of curiosity than anything...probably just not at this time of year.:laugh::race:

RSD.

Reactions: Zee
Did I read that right? you turned the adjuster screw 360 degrees?

I haven't touched it yet, I was just sayin that my understanding.of the adjuster was that it like a cam, a full turn will be back where I started. I see if I can track down the geb2 manual, I've got the gen1 online manual, but its not as step-by-step as I'd prefer. Was hoping for some good ol fashioned advice :thumbsup:

I did the TB's, plugs, coils, tighten everything to be found, checked clutch, ect... It's a motor vib for sure, not drive line

loosen the bolt, start the motor, start turning. it may start whining. if that starts, slowly turn back the other way. there is no way to adjust with the motor not running.. that i know of... i removed mine after having my crank re-done at APE. totally worth it...

I haven't touched it yet, I was just sayin that my understanding.of the adjuster was that it like a cam, a full turn will be back where I started. I see if I can track down the geb2 manual, I've got the gen1 online manual, but its not as step-by-step as I'd prefer. Was hoping for some good ol fashioned advice :thumbsup:

Rooster,go here...Hayabusa Service Manuals | Everything GSX-R select year you want(obviously in this case 2008 or newer) instead of left click to read it,right click and "save target as" takes a minute or 2 depending on connection speed,then you own it.

Rubb.

Back