Could this be the Next

I was joking...i havent seen the video yet, still loading.

But if you run it shows a guilt to a LEO.
What I have hear and read is that the adrenaline (sp) pumping through an officers body once he gets you, is rediculously high.  Many officers have to go through training because of the issue.
Im not condoning what was done, still havent seen the tape.

Edited to add...
People who have nothing to hide stop.  People who have nothing to lose, run.
GTG.

I could'nt have said it better myself Kod...I know the cops could have arrested him without beating him up....If thats how it must be done then civilians like you and me should be able to beat each other silly over every conflict...

all good points. I can see all sides.

I just find it hilarious when people think that running from the cops is the answer...

unless you get away
devil.gif

Rubb has had a few encounters with the PoPO...they never felt obligated to kick the crap outa me thou....I wonder why
rock.gif

They went over the top...FORSURE, thats not even a question...but did the stoopid criminal goof but himself into a position, yes he did. Blame lies everywhere on this one.

I guess the only thing we can be sure of is that if you run, you are taking a chance.

If you're going to break the rules, don't get caught (or seen.)

Applies to policemen as well as crooks.

I agree, to a point. However, this chase started just because the van looked suspicious. What does that mean.
It could mean anything, right. Now, if this guy was a known rapist or something really bad, I say execute him on the spot...Done deal...
But just because he was driving in a suspicious manner and ran...

David
Part of your right to drive in this country also means that you are subject to routine traffic stops. If you pull over and be nice and have done nothing wrong, you'll be OK. If you run from the cops at that point, you are fugged.

Anyone that leads cops on a high speed chase deserves about a minute of ass whoopin, white, black martian or whatever.

Well, running from the police is a big no-no...sort of self-incriminating, wouldn't you say?

Hell, I can be pulled for a broken tail light...if I see the lights flashing and just can't imagine what they were pulling me for, should I just run?  No way...that's just asking for trouble...

You run, you have something to hide...end of story...gotta follow the rules...
+ a ba-gillion (yeah its a number!)

Oi vay...we all know police chases dont end with

"please step outta your vehicle ma'am"
(can you hear the country bumpkin accent? lol)

I've never seen an innocent man/woman RUN from the cops.

After a high speed pursuit, I can't say I feel sorry from the criminal. Police did go overboard, but I really don't feel sorry for a guy with a long criminal history.

I am more pissed with the anchorman, he is trying to make this a racial issue. He says, 3 out of the 4 cops were white. So what, one was black. This wasn't racial in the least. Frigg'in media, all they ever do is sensationalize the news. They never report it objectively anymore. They only care about ratings...
mad.gif

guns.gif
media

They should just change the law... IF you run the beat down should be automatic... Not traffic violations though...

I didn't read all of the replies. I saw this happen live and told the wife that this was going to be the next Rodney King. I don't know what clips are being shown around the country, but I don't think the cops were out of line. Everything right now is just speculation until the investigation is complete, but it looks like the guy was trying to get to his feet the entire time they were striking him. He was definately resisting, and you don't know what he was telling them. Once the cuffs were on, they stopped. Those who know me know I'm not a big fan of the overpaid meter maids, umm, tax collectors, umm I mean traffic police, because they generally don't differentiate someone who is a threat to public saftey and someone who doesn't agree with the numbers on a sign. But when someone is endangering the general public and has total disregard for human life, these guys have a tough job. I've "talked" with some jerks in uniform on the side of the road, but to date, I have not been beaten because I don't run and I don't resist. IMHO the guy got what he deserved for the bad decisions he made.

"4 ADAM 12 - OFFICER REQUESTS BACK UP!!"
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138756175 -->

RSD.jpg

I'll have to agree with BusaWhipped. It happened not far from the job. I didn't take it as a racial issue. A lot of innocent people were put in harm's way. Luckily, no one was injured. The plates on the van didn't match the vehicle. He had an extensive criminal record which included a prior occurrence of resisting arrest. You put yourself in these situations, you deserve what you get. I'm no angel, but I do take responsibility for my actions. So many people are quick to judge. Let the investigations determine if some kind of reprimand is due to the officers involved. Personnally, if I was in the middle of a donut, I'd be pissed to have to chase someone 20+ miles early in the morning.
tounge.gif

First of all, the officers show a ton of restraint during the initial pursuit. They were well within there rights to use deadly force ass soon as the idiot started ramming the police vehicles. These "news" stations love to make something out of nothing whenever they get the chance. The clip they show obviously just shows the “beating†of the suspect, not what lead up to that situation. Then they have to get the mandatory Reverend of something (I’m still not sure what Sharpton or Jackson do for a living) to call racism, like his well schooled in law enforcement tactics opinion means anything at all. I love the part where he says they stop the beating when they realized they were on camera. Jeez, the helicopter must have been on stealth mode up until that point. Wrong. They stopped fighting with the guy when he was restrained (The part where all four officers stepped back away from the “victimâ€). I don’t know how many people on this board realize how hard it is to get someone to comply with orders and put cuffs on when someone is combative, but before passing judgment, they should try it themselves. Hell, just try it with a friend, have them lay on there stomach and try to force the hand behind the back without some sort of pain compliance. Most likely isn’t going to happen. Now imagine what it’s like when your trying to restrain someone that doesn’t want to go to jail for a long time. Its not a lot of fun.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138779364 -->

Back