Cost of Living

flrider

ECV No Known Cure
Donating Member
Registered
Annual cost of living increase is bull****. Retirement up 1.4%. BUT, Health insurance up $57.03. Part B medicare up $10.00. Gas here is ridiculous. Starting Jan 1 I will be negative $15.00 a month and not counting all the other crap that is going up. :banghead: Do I have to find a job and go back to work????

If something doesn't change next month, just wait until next year if you think things are high and climbing now.

Annual cost of living increase is bull****. Retirement up 1.4%. BUT, Health insurance up $57.03. Part B medicare up $10.00. Gas here is ridiculous. Starting Jan 1 I will be negative $15.00 a month and not counting all the other crap that is going up. :banghead: Do I have to find a job and go back to work????

I'm right there with you brother,haven't been able to get a raise in 5 years(too many illegals just waiting in the wings down here)and with the gas prices doubled(commute 100 miles a day)i'm just breaking even.

rumor has it gas prices will drop "significantly"...as part of obama's..."hey look, i dropped gas prices..."

cali sounds like a great place to live but its outrageously expensive to live there. u cud move down south and live like a king if ur retired. that is my plan in a few years.

Maybe. I hear Walmart is always hiring. Seems like too many American jobs just involve selling foreign made product. And then we wonder why there are so few good jobs here. I've actually read about how many young American are actually moving overseas because they can get better jobs than here!

Folks, I hate to say it, and I mean no disrepect to the people there, but we are becoming Mexico: A country that is so economically distraught that our citizens are moving out of country for a chance at a better life. :(

Yep, things are tough all over, and more and more retirees are having to join the workforce again...I'm sorry Bob :down:

Back