Cortech tribag system

psalm69

Registered
Doods!
I have a set of fieldsheer tourismo saddle bags and they are just killing my paint even if I put a brand new terry cloth towel underneath.

I was looking at the cortech tribag system with the tail bag. For those of you that have it. Is it playing nice with your paint or is this just something that happens regardless? Thx! Scott

My old Joe Rocket saddle bags did the same thing and all I did was put a bath towel folded under it and it was fine . Plus the towel takes up alot of space anyway so having it out was cool.

Hey Scott,

I got that tri-bag system. Used on my FZ1 and now the 'busa. Just got back from a 1300 miles trip with the system and it worked great. Didn't mark up the paint at all. The bike side of the saddle bags have soft spongy stuff that rests against the paint. The tail bag sat right on the passenger seat and hooked to the saddle bags (gotta take the hump off). The entire system stayed put even through some high speed runs. You can feel the extra weight (I put a LOT of shid in my bags) and mass when in cross winds. Not objectionable, but you do notice it. I couldn't recommend them enough. Good luck

I've got the same set up. No damage yet. Easy to put on and take off, once you initially set the straps to the correct length. I use the busa most days to commute to work, and the bags are a must for the crap I carry. In the Navy, carry uniform, coffee in thermos, lunch, etc...
Some of the guys kid me about the bags on the busa, but I am riding and they aren't, so there you have it.

I saw these at the Honda Hoot last week and was wondering about them. Glad to hear you're happy with them. Thanks for the info.

Dan

I use a Tour Master double and all I do is put a cotton shop towel between it and the paint. Never had any problems with scratches, and my bike is Black as in, "YOU SCRATCHIE - YOU DEFINATELY SEE-IE
tounge.gif
 "

Hope this helps, but probably not
sad.gif

I got the tri-bag. IMO you can't go wrong with them. No scuff marks. Keep in mind when you are using just the tail bag to tuck away the quick disconnect buckles. If they flop they will scuff as you probly know. Jim

I think I'm gonna get that rig. I commute on my scoot almost exclusively, but I often find that I need to take or pick up whatever. So gwhunran are yours on all the time? That would work well for me if they wouldn't scratch the crap outa my plastic. So far it sounds like those are the best option thus far. What about that tank bag though?

Back