Correct TPS Operation

Degsyuk

Registered
Hi all,
I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my GenII Busa that I think is begin caused by the TPS. I have searched the forums and switched on the dealer mode so I can see the error codes and TPS setting on the clocks.

There are no error codes reported so I just see -C00. However the position of the dash is inconsistent and so can anybody tell me if what I'm seeing is normal?

Sometimes (with the engine running or not) the dash starts in the middle position and moves to the upper position when I twist the throttle and back to the middle when I release the throttle. The change isn't instant taking about a second or so to register. Other times, when turn the ignition on the dash starts in the top position and the bike runs and idles very poorly. On a test ride the dash stayed in the top position even when I completely shut the throttle ( the bike hesitates under acceleration, feeling like it's about to stall). Sometime during the ride the TPS dash did return to the middle position when I closed the throttle. On these occassionsn the bike would then accelerate smoothly and then start to choke. It doesn't backfire and there FI light isn't lit.

So how quickly should the dash respond (move up or down) in relation to me opening and closing the throttle?

On a test ride should the TPS indicator always return to the middle when I close the throttle (regardless of the bike speed / engine RPM)?

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks
Degsyuk

Back