Correct Tire Pressure

kml, I was saying changing a few psi won't make a huge difference in tire life with the SAME brand&model tire. You're comparing different brands of tires. Not the same as changing pressures.
OK!  
thumb_up.gif

In your response to my post it was not clear that you were referring to the difference in mileage due to  tire pressure and not the difference between brands. I apologize for interpreting your post incorrectly. I have not run two identical tire to the cords while keeping one tire at 36 and another at 42 to empirically validate the claim that tire pressure it in direct proportion to tire life. Although in every other application the relationship remains true.
As a sport touring rider who rides 12 to 15 thou a year and buys tire in bulk and keeps the receipts I can assure you that body work is less expensive than tires.  Over the last four year I've spent thousands of dollars on tire and zero dollars on bodywork.

Here's a pic of a stack of rubber I keep on hand. All z6 roadtecs.

IMG_0279Medium.jpg

cheers
ken

I should add I don't run my tires "to the cords" only to the wear bars!
laugh.gif
If I had more time to ride, I would be burning up a lot more tires myself.
no sh!t, dude, no sh!t...  
thumb_up.gif

cheers
ken

thumb_up.gif

kml, I was saying changing a few psi won't make a huge difference in tire life with the SAME brand&model tire. You're comparing different brands of tires. Not the same as changing pressures.
OK!  
thumb_up.gif

In your response to my post it was not clear that you were referring to the difference in mileage due to  tire pressure and not the difference between brands. I apologize for interpreting your post incorrectly. I have not run two identical tire to the cords while keeping one tire at 36 and another at 42 to empirically validate the claim that tire pressure it in direct proportion to tire life. Although in every other application the relationship remains true.
As a sport touring rider who rides 12 to 15 thou a year and buys tire in bulk and keeps the receipts I can assure you that body work is less expensive than tires.  Over the last four year I've spent thousands of dollars on tire and zero dollars on bodywork.

IMG_0279Medium.jpg

cheers
ken

laugh.gif
thats too many tires to stockpile . They could get dryed out and rotten . In the intrest of safty, send some to me .

I run 42 all year round. I was always left to believe that an under inflated tire builds more heat therefore not lasting as long. If I was running on the track I'd probably would listen to the pros but I not. I'm a street rider who wants the tires on my street ride to last as long as possible. As far as safety is concerned, if you are doing the speed limit and not driving hard (non track riding) a little less air in your tires I don't think will make much of a difference(more safe) shall I say for me. just my 2 cents

OK!  
thumb_up.gif

IMG_0279Medium.jpg

cheers
ken

laugh.gif
thats too many tires to stockpile . They could get dryed out and rotten .  In the intrest of safty, send some to me .
laugh.gif

moon.gif

boohoo.gif

tounge.gif

face7.gif

cheers
ken

laugh.gif

Back