Correct tire pressure?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So some of you know I have a Blackbird in my garage that needed fork seals.. After my buddy rode it in, I caught a glimpse of his rear tire:

photo 1 (2).jpg

I though, WOW, you need a new tire, right? Then I thought, well that's weird how the belts are showing only on the side like that..... Hmmm....

Took the front Forks off, and I decided to check the PSI in the front tire:

photo 2 (2).jpg

So far so good, right?

Well, he ordered new rubber, so got the rear tire off, and I decided to be a jerk and check that one too....

photo 3 (2).jpg

:banghead:

He's been riding this bike for quite a while without ever noticing there was basically no air in the tires? Must've road like a '76 Cadillac...

So here it sits...

photo 4 (2).jpg

Makes me not want to let him have it back.. :down:

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 3 (2).jpg

photo 4 (2).jpg

He's a lucky man. Hopefully you taught him how to fish on that one.

Saw a guy on a Duc burn in at Barber one time. He came back in to the pits to find he only had 15 or so pounds in his rear.

He's a lucky man. Hopefully you taught him how to fish on that one.

Saw a guy on a Duc burn in at Barber one time. He came back in to the pits to find he only had 15 or so pounds in his rear.

I scolded him. Not sure he "gets it."

:down:

Yep at that pressure it had to feel like he was running in oil in the corners :banghead:

Poor birdy :(

I got on Coles bike a few months back to bring it for inspection, it felt like crap so I checked the tires pressure, sure enough 15lbs. That was a week after riding a guys zx10, that felt the same with its 12psi!! They both said "I thought thats just how it felt" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That's it I'm going to Motion Pro's website right now and ordering me one of those $100 tire gauges that you can just press a button and bleed off any extra air so you can dial in the right pressure lickity split. wheww important stuff!

It really blows me away that people spend their money on these machines and upgrades and neglect the most important part of the bike, the part that contacts the road. The part that incidentally is free.

only place arround here that has free air...which is right beside my house...has that long air nozzel...pain in the butt to try to fill and check my tires with....so...i dont...need to though

Back