Correct air 5lb rule?HELP

reconscout

Registered
Hey guys,
I'm  Hoping some one can tell me which way I've gotta tune my air please.
Here's the deal.
I've got an 06 with bt56 right now until I get some m3's.
I'm trying to set my pressures up correctly for the most traction around country curvy roads.
I set my front at 32pounds and rear at 34 cold and I went out and road the bike around the corners and thrusted on the straightaways.
I came back from the heat up ride(rear tire was not hot just luke warm) and the tire pressures only rose 1/2 lb each
32 1/2 front 34 1/2 rear.Oh and yes the outside temp is in the 80's today.
Earlier today I set them at 38 pounds each and rode it hard and after the ride they checked out at 29 pounds each(the rear tire was kinda stickyand it was definetely hot).
Either way I can't seem to get close enough to even be able to use the 5 pound rule for the street application.
One other thing is that the last ride the bike seems to handle pretty good and hooked up nicely on accelerations much more than with the 39pounds but with the 32 and 34 pound settings the bike seems like its too nimble like say when I go to turn in on a lefty it wants to drop in too quick and so I have to correct/re adjust and thats just too dangerious for my taste ya know.
Anyways,32fr 34r cold hooks nice but drops in a bit to much;should I add or remove air to slow the sterring abit?
Thanks

Just wanted to add that I have my sag set correctly for me and I used all jinksters settings except he went 2 full rotations on the rear spring and I went 1 1/2 for my 200 pound weight.
I guess I can figure out the proper air pressure to run for 80's temp but what I have a hangup on is going into a mild sweeper curve if you will the bike just drops down in too quick.I would like to slow the lean in of the bike not me just alittle and I can't really do any other adjustments with the suspension because I feel it response pretty good overall with the exception that I just don't feel like the bike is planting the way that it should to give me that feeling of being able to sweep the mild corners stronger.
I realize I need new front springs but this is happening with the bike settled and going like 50mph starting at that line on the front of the corner.
I will say that when i'm mid corner and exiting I can really twist the throttle and it stays planted and accelerates like a jack rabbit roaring with sweeping out control and it never wants to wash or get sguiggly with me.
Its like it wants to keep turning in instead of doing what its suppose to and that is feel balanced and planted throughout the whole cornering process.
I've had 9 other sport bikes and drag raced and street road all of them but never got crazy crzy with cornering but loved to twist the throttle.But now I'm kinda wanting to feel that twisty feeeling with confidence.. I do have some prettygood sound experience but this busa just has that unsettling feeling coming into the curve.
Hope someone will beable to set me straight on what I can do with what I have.

rock.gif
What? Sorry I have no idea what you said! Whish I did, I never turn I just like to go str8!
What you can do is like they say with the suspension, play with it a little!

I use about 36 in front and 38 in rear.....that's correct for me.......with the m3.....rider weight and everything else will change it a little....

5lb rule sounds like a bit much for growth
10% rule is more accurate

by dropping the tire pressures that low your changing the profile of the tire
obviously its a profile your not comfortable with
better do some research before you change tire manufactures
it may get much better or much worse depending on the brand you go with
each manufacture has a different profile
sounds like you would prefer a donlop or a michelin profile over a metzler style they tend to be rounder and a smoother transfer profile actually the dunlop is more mushroom shaped
and each brand profile changes with rim width also
ive run donlops in the rain while racing as low as 28 lbs and as high as 36 at daytona
32 to 36 are some pretty good places to start
alot of it depends on your riding style also

there is NO rule written in stone
some guys like to slide ALOT like dirt trackers
the 250 gp guys are much more efficient in there riding style
not that either of them are any faster just different and takes different setups

just think with high pressures youll get more miles out of them
just joking

Back