cornering

gpatrick

Registered
i'm new to the board, presently riding an FZ1. i am lusting over an 06 busa with 600 dealer driven (8K and under break in) miles. north georgia mountains have wonderful corners and deal's gap is within reach for several times per year. should i go with the beautiful busa or the gsxr 1000. dealer wants 10,900 otd with smoked double bubble, d & ds, and undertail. help, i need some opinions. george

First of all.....Welcome the .ORG. Depends on your riding style. The 1000 is pure 100% race bike. Great fun in the twisties but not great for 2 up riding or long road trips. You decide. The Busa, IMO is still fun in the twisties, although requires more effort than a 1000. The Busa is great for 2 up riding and great on roadtrips. Lastly....there is not a Busa on every corner.

I would love to own a 1000.....but I would never give up my Busa.

No other bike looks like a busa...

The busa is a head-turning bike, too!

And of course it's fun to ride or else nobody would own one. If you want one, get one. Sure, not as quick as a gixxer in the twisties... but a gixxer still isn't a busa!

10,900 for a used Busa seems a little high. His add-ons = $500 his cost but add no value to a trade in (that's how they justify it to us) so they must be considered freebies. Remind him that legally it is USED! I'd offer him 10,000 OTD He'll still make money on the deal and you will have saved over $1000 you can put towards modding it to make it yours. Check your insurance rates before you buy so you won't find yourself in over your head.
Good Luck!

There's an '06 Hayabusa LE with only 100 miles on it at a dealer in Minnesota. The price on the sticker was $8999, but the sales person said he would sell it for $8799. If I had the money, I'd buy it today. The bike is at Kline Suzuki in Maplewood Minnesota in case anyone is interested.

welcome and grab the busa. come on now. hayabusa.org which one did you think I'd pick LOL

I came off an FZ1 as well and I say Busa also. It's more than competent in the twisties....it continues to surprise and please me
smile.gif
One factor is your size. I'm 6' 230 lbs, and throwing the Busa around is quite easy, also more natural as it fits me better than the 1000.

Get EBC HH pads and braided brake lines for the front and some better-than-stock tires and it'll be more than enough.

(Red05 @ Oct. 12 2006,07:50) One factor is your size. I'm 6' 230 lbs, and throwing the Busa around is quite easy, also more natural as it fits me better than the 1000.
Amen, Brutha! I'm 5' 7" and 165lbs, I really gotta work to get that bad boy around curves.
smile.gif

And go with the BUSA, it is the best of both worlds.

Oh yeah,
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the org.

to the Site, and if your a REALLLLLLY serious twisties guy, go with the 1000, the Busa will not do it for ya
tounge.gif

I remeber one time I was 10/10ths cornering..I was sliding on my can and bar end but as soon as I raised up and the tire touched I was gripping some ground. Man...that Busa can ride.
all_coholic.gif

Unless you are VERY serious about corners and doing track days, get the Busa.  The Busa will corner as hard as you need to on the street (providing you have the skills).  It is SO much more comfortable on any ride longer than an hour or two.  If you plan on riding 2 up, then that should close the deal... Gixxer 1K's simply don't do well for 2 up and can become quite uncomfortable on rides lasting more than a couple hundred miles.

I can ride with any group of riders through the corners on the street.  Anything faster is simply begging to die because you never know what lies around the next blind corner.  At the end of a 5 hour ride I feel just fine while the guys on the gixxers are walking like old men.  

Get some stainless brake lines, HBC brake pads, do the suspension setup (Jinkster's instructions), slap on some Pilot Powers or Qalifiers and you re ready to ride it as hard as anyone SHOULD ride on the road.... and do it comfortably.

If you want to do 1-2 hours raping the corners and plan on track days several times a year, then get the Gixxer.

+1 on check insurance rates (state Farm is always rated the best for cheap rates)

---SHINY SHIDE UP---

(gpatrick @ Oct. 11 2006,17:58) i'm new to the board, presently riding an FZ1.  i am lusting over an 06 busa with 600 dealer driven (8K and under break in) miles.  north georgia mountains have wonderful corners and deal's gap is within reach for several times per year.  should i go with the beautiful busa or the gsxr 1000.  dealer wants 10,900 otd with smoked double bubble, d & ds, and undertail.  help, i need some opinions.  george
I just sold my 06 red FZ1 and bought a 06 limited pearl white busa, my first suzuki ever and its growing on me, im 5'6" and so far the heli bars are the biggest improvment for me in the handiling department for the tight turnes, Now I also own a 02 silver FZ1 that my wifes has now and I WONT give that bike up, corners great, 57mpg on a easy cruise,5.6 gal gas tank, and as far as im concerned the FZ1 is best naked bike from 01-05 on the planet .But my 06 fell short of a few areas so I decided to try something different.Didn't want a  full race R1 because it was almost the same as the 06 FZ1,low end lacking, but a top end rush. the first gen FZ1 has very similar power band as the busa, off idle to red line, nice and liner, just more powerful.I can feel the weight difference, on the busa compared to any of my FZ1'S, but the heli bars for me did the trick.The busa is better in the high speed sweepers for sure, very confident inspiring, cant wait for a doubble bubble wind shield,and front brake upgrade,ect. And like the guys say here, you dont see yourelf every five minutes riding buy on another busa.I was going to buy the ZX14, but its ugly, cheap feeling and looks to eightie's to me.besides the busa has a TRE already and it bypasses the speed limiter, that is good for bragging rites,LOL.Also the busa has lots of accessories, kinda like my road star silverado.You wont be dissapointed, especially doing 140mph like I was today, ROCK STEADY.
super.gif

Busa, Busa, Busa
iamwithstupid.gif
Just went through the West Virginia moutains with a group. Busa's definately do twisties.

The busa is a way better all around every day rider. It can do it all with ease comfort and all the power you ever wanted. It will never handle like a GSXR 1000 but overall it is a very comfortable bike. I used my for everything and was very happy. The Busa is my favorite bike and I have owned a bunch. In fact I getting ready to sell a bike so I can get another Busa. I going to find a red and black some where. Good luck.

Back