Cornering?

I think it's a common misconception that the middleweights like the 600cc bikes are much better corner carvers. I had an R6 for awhile and it was a great bike - but if it had an advantage over the busa leaning over for a big sweeping turn, It had to be a small one. The big advantage doesn't seem to come in just leaning the bike over through the corner - I think it comes in when transitioning. (like leaning the bike over through a left and then an immediate right) The Busa is bigger and heavier - but it is a well balanced bike and even the stock Brigestones that come on it are decent for corner grip.

hey radiorider: just have to say that every time I see your avatar I have to laugh...(that some funny crap)
jump9.gif

RadioRider,
The big deal with the 600's is the corner speed that you can carry through a tight corner! With the weight of the busa physics will demand payback for the speed and the is going to be pushing the bike to the outside of the corner. A lighter machine won't push out that far thus can carry more speed into the corner and out of it. The busa's horsepower can make up some of the difference but that would depend on the road (or track).
I know out here most of the track records are held by 600's and all types of bikes run on these tracks.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

The busa can corner!! It's all up to the rider how far she will go and how fast! a well set up bike is a great thing! at deals gap last year two friends on a r6 zx7 could not keep up on the southern end of rte 28. those who have been their know of what I speak about. fast left and righters up and down fun fun!!

On my fav mountain Second gear all the way up and down! Very technical hill. Off camber and decreasing radius turns.

I say again if the busa was a great cornering machine why aren't the race teams running them?

Marc "Howlin Mad"

To my knowledge there is only 1 formula extreme busa out there.

shame you didn't get your knee down, could of had some sparks showing...
YOu know.......if you look at that pic again......all Marc had to do was stick his knee out...........some guys run hard without hangin off the bike like most of us do.......my buddy can run circles around me and he can't get his knee down. Go figure.

The Last Thing Howli'n said....TRUE..less weight more corner speed....Even though we would like to think the Busa is "Untouchable"...In some places it is.....

RadioRider,
 The big deal with the 600's is the corner speed that you can carry through a tight corner!  With the weight of the busa physics will demand payback for the speed and the is going to be pushing the bike to the outside of the corner.  A lighter machine won't push out that far thus can carry more speed into the corner and out of it.  The busa's horsepower can make up some of the difference but that would depend on the road (or track).  
 I know out here most of the track records are held by 600's and all types of bikes run on these tracks.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
What you said is very true though I love my Busa, In the tight technical canyon areas. The middle weight bikes can pull on the Busa. Although the Busa can make this up most of the time on a short straight. I bought the wife a 954 and I tell you I had forgotten how much more nimble the liter class bike were.

of course she can corner...
smile.gif

over here, in the uk, it's the other way round... our right knee slider (or puck
wink.gif
) is all scratched, and the left one usually intact... but i managed to put the left one down too, on a precious couple of occasions.

that is a very good pic. I find left corners are easier than right ones. It usually takes me some time to warm up before i take a right corner comfortably. The chicane turns are harder on a busa, shifting the weight from one side to the other quickly is not easy.

My 100% stock Busa handles just as good as my 600 with a RaceTech Kiit in the forks my only complaint is the push when I hit the gas when I got it turned.

SirUK,

Now u got me worried (a little
biggrin.gif
), with your last question, as I've just figured out what you do for living...
oops.gif

Back