Cornering position

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have any good pics of rider position demonstrating good technique for cornering?

Post up if you have em, pics of you at track day or from other sources would be greatly appreciated.

here's one
eek2.gif

post_6_37161_Copy_of_post_12_22060_bowllean.jpg

Thanks Bio-O, looks like I still need to get farther off the side.

Frisbee, I think that fella is gonna miss
SHOCKED.gif
! I guess his Mom had a real hard time toilet training him and it looks like she failed
biggrin.gif

Anyone have any shots side on?

Stop by your local Barnes and Noble and check out "Total Control", it has practically an entire chapter on cornering and getting off the bike with many pics. Breaks it down by how far over to scoot, upper body in relation to centerline, arm position, elbows up/in etc. Just about covers it.
smile.gif

My technique has not been perfected yet, still working on getting my upper body lower.

But I'll post up a few pics for the experts to dissect, its all about getting better, right?
tounge.gif

post-6-90993-buttonwillow_cotton_corners3.jpg

post-6-92469-buttonwillow_cotton_corners4.jpg

post-6-91193-buttonwillow_riverside2.jpg

post-6-91523-buttonwillow_sweeper3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Charles, you pics help a lot. Much easier to actually see in still frame than to try and figure it out while watching Moto GP riders on track.

Thanks to you also Shibumi, I am going to check "Total Control" out this afternoon!

(tpbio @ Oct. 02 2006,09:25) Thanks Charles, you pics help a lot.
Just remember my position is 100% correct, I'm still learning myself  
wink.gif
I'm working on getting my upper body lower, trying to get my head down so its closer to the mirrors.

(GSXTacy @ Oct. 02 2006,03:30) Look through the turn! LOL
thats not you liar!!!
eek2.gif

thats a pro rider
iamwithstupid.gif

j/k chris have a good one!!
cool.gif

You have to find your own, I ride further up on the tank like the repsol pics. I am not saying that the guy on the blue busa isn't correct but to each his own.

Nice pics.

Here is a video clip where I am dragging my pucks on the street, the file is a little bit big, but it is sweet because you can hit pause and click the movie position slider around to see some great freeze frames.

You might note that halfway through this corner I drift the bike about 2 feet to the right.
wow.gif

X E Ryder Street Puck Down 1

Hope you can get something out of this.

Hey thanks, XE.

That was helpful. The guy behind you was dangerously close to the center line. I think he almost made the oncoming car run off the road!

Mad skills you gots there
bowdown.gif

(tpbio @ Oct. 02 2006,09:21) Thanks Bio-O, looks like I still need to get farther off the side.

Frisbee, I think that fella is gonna miss  
SHOCKED.gif
! I guess his Mom had a real hard time toilet training him and it looks like she failed  
biggrin.gif

Anyone have any shots side on?
Watch the video of you running the dragon I posted up. You are already off the seat more than you need to be for the speed you are riding. You need to work on your upper body position and leaning with the bike.

Thanks, Dennis.

It is funny how you "FEEL" like you are getting your upper body off the bike, but I can clearly see, my chest is glued to the tank

Back