Cornering position

(tpbio @ Oct. 04 2006,08:48) Thanks, Dennis.

It is funny how you "FEEL" like you are getting your upper body off the bike, but I can clearly see, my chest is glued to the tank
I know what you mean. I was sure that my knee was just inches from the asphalt. But whe I see puctures of me, my knee is a couple of feet away
laugh.gif

Owen & Chas u guys suck! ( I'm jealous
bowdown.gif
) Dont have any good ones of me but I like the view on this one :

CornerGirl.jpg

...Me at the Dragon in 2005... Too bad i didn't have my UFO undertail back then!

Photo_015s.jpg

tpb....did you ever get your Total Control book yet? If not, send me your address. I have a copy that I could loan you for a bit.

PM me and let me know...I'll get it out to you straight away.
wink.gif

(Kento-Moto @ Oct. 04 2006,07:31) Owen & Chas u guys suck! ( I'm jealous  
bowdown.gif
 )    Dont have any good ones of me but I like the view on this one :
she's got it going on. Nice look thru also
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Wow, PAC, you are a really fantastic human! I really appreciate the offer on letting me borrow your book. I purchased one off Amazon, and it should be here early this week.

Thanks again, PAC, for the offer. You are a great guy, Bro!
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

Hmmm, I think everybody is right.
In the pic I could lean the bike further. I have gone through some turns, and not leaned off very far and still scraped a knee.
At the last track day I was on a cool down lap, not hanging off at all and leaned over and scraped a footpeg. I guess you have to have confidence in your tires to hold.

i think the hardest part is trying to tell how far you are off the bike...

it's much easier to tell how bad..or good your form is if you can get it on tape...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Justin. You look pretty mean there.

THanks, Andy. Nice vid. That really helps demonstrate how to hit the apex and turn in. Do you live near there? If so, that must be pretty nice to have those curves close by.

(tpbio @ Oct. 08 2006,19:56) Thanks, Justin. You look pretty mean there.

THanks, Andy. Nice vid. That really helps demonstrate how to hit the apex and turn in. Do you live near there? If so, that must be pretty nice to have those curves close by.
that section of road is about 20 min away
smile.gif

ha..and don't take anything but entertainment from that vid..my form and lines suck !!!

actually it's hard to find a straight road in san diego.
super.gif

hang off till it feels like your gonna fall off..

then your about halfway there on the busa seems like.

i've been told (and it seems to help) that when you have acheived "zen" in getting off the bike.

in a RH turn for example..

your left inner forearm will be touching the tank... your head will be low and forward where the mirror normally is.. left inner knee will be on the back edge of the tank.. right knee will be on the deck and your right shoulder should be "pointing" at where you want to end up.

or something roughly akin to that.

i got same probs lots of you guys do...

lower body.. good.. upper body.. centered.. lol

Thanks MR Rutherford, by the time my book gets here, I won't need it!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

bowdown.gif
 )    Dont have any good ones of me but I like the view on this one :
Nice pic Kento... Check that foot positioning. Ride the toe of your boot too far forward on the peg in a turn and bust your ankle. Ouch.

(lambretta man @ Nov. 26 2006,07:50)
bowdown.gif
) Dont have any good ones of me but I like the view on this one :
Nice pic Kento... Check that foot positioning. Ride the toe of your boot too far forward on the peg in a turn and bust your ankle. Ouch.
Good point- need to be on the ball of the foot. Something I just discovered, I recently replaced my footpegs with Buell pegs. Besides saving a pound or two (stock are freakin boat anchors with the weights on the bottom!) the surface is MUCH better traction for boots to grip than the stock rubber! With my weight on the peg, I can't MAKE my foot slip around on these pegs, just sticks like glue! Very important when hanging off the side of the bike at high speed...
I would recommend new pegs for anyone interested in cornering skills on the Busa. Stockers are heavy, butt-ugly, and slippery. Only rationale is anti-vibe, but with the Buells I have never ONCE thought to myself, "Man, I really feel a lot of vibration in my feet." I mean, you have a rubber sole boot and a sock between you and the peg, gimme a break...
rock.gif

Back