Core Moto / Carrozzeria wheels E mail replied

What would happen if you drove into the U.S(not that it wouldn't cost enough time and money to do that)
bought the, wheels and drove home?
Would you have to show them and a receipt, and pay taxes on them?
Or say nothings in the trunk, risk a search, get searched, and pay the taxes and a fine...for smuggling wheels and cheating the government??:D
Or have them installed and drive back

It's not so much customs, which would be extra, as it is the lousy exchange rate.
2500.00 US is 3250.00 of monopoly money. Plus any NYS taxes
But I still think they would be worth every penny

ANYTHING purchased from POWERHOUSE by anyone outside of New York State is NOT subject to tax. As far as international sales are concerned, duties and/or fees are levied based on value declared at the time of shipment. Value is also used to determine insurance on a package, and declaring a lower value can work against you if the package is somehow lost. To say that there is flexibility built in is an understatement. There are many ways to skin a cat . . .

I am still attempting to negotiate and get to the numbers we all want to hear. Whether this will be worth the effort or not remains to be seen. What I did found out so far is this: if we make this happen, all the wheels for the group buy will be manufactured first, before that 400+ set run they keep mentioning. So we will be the first with this wheel. Keep in mind that this is NOT limited to Hayabusas - whatever bike you may want to fit these wheels to can and will be included in this buy. Stay tuned! :super:

Had a talk with the owner of Core Moto and kicked around a few things in regard to this group buy. I expect that a decision will be made in the next day or so. There are only 15 "pre order" spots left. We would want a minimum of ten buyers from the org to qualify for whatever discount we are offered. Stay tuned!

or maybe PH should custom fab some wheels... wonder how much a big hunk of aluminum costs/ machine shop time? then reverse engineer some parts:fire:

or maybe PH should custom fab some wheels... wonder how much a big hunk of aluminum costs/ machine shop time? then reverse engineer some parts:fire:

The aluminum blocks are $$$
The majority is made into chips, and you need a decent size operation to make money back from scrap.
Depending upon how complex the design is, determines if it takes 8 hours or 2 days to machine.
Alot of overhead in cnc costs, and alot of variables to factor.
If you have a capable machine and operator, and don't mind spending Alot of money to make one set of wheels, then it's doable.
The start to finish process is not overly complicated, it's more about resources.

Many years back we had Performance Machine make custom billet wheels for a one off project . . . between the design and execution, we had close to 5K into those wheels . . .

Okay, HERE IT IS:

$2099/pair, any color, free sprocket, free shipping.

So it would be $2099 in your door. The any color thing is important, because there are custom colors and different powdercoats that normally would cost extra. You also get a free Driven rear aluminum sprocket.
That's the deal.

We would need 10 people to commit within the next two weeks. These wheels would be made first, before the main run, and would be finished towards the end of March, give or take a week either way.

Guys and gals, please let me know. This arrangement would be through POWERHOUSE.

Okay, HERE IT IS:

$2099/pair, any color, free sprocket, free shipping.

So it would be $2099 in your door. The any color thing is important, because there are custom colors and different powdercoats that normally would cost extra. You also get a free Driven rear aluminum sprocket.
That's the deal.

We would need 10 people to commit within the next two weeks. These wheels would be made first, before the main run, and would be finished towards the end of March, give or take a week either way.

Guys and gals, please let me know. This arrangement would be through POWERHOUSE.

I apparently misunderstood. The ONLY colors available at this price for the group buy will be: raw aluminum, gloss black anodized, gloss bright gold anodized, gloss red anodized, and gloss blue anodized.

Haven't decided. Was thinking about matching the blue/black BMW. Also thinking of going back to stock 09 silver.
I really like the 2016 black/gray, but the silver/gray 2009 is still at the top of my list for favorite schemes and I still get mad when I remember that I signed papers on a silver/gray bike and, when they went to grab it out of the warehouse at their sister store, it turned out to be white and someone had listed it wrong on their inventory list. :mad: I have tried to piece a set together, but not very many used gray/silver fairings in good shape out there.

Last edited:
They should stick with the Carrazzeria name because it already is well recognized and as far as I know has a good reputation. Core Moto is easier to say but it sounds so much less exotic and perhaps less deserving of the price. They're not as much as CF wheels but still more than a drop in the bucket. I would be very skeptical of buying wheels from an upstart which is exactly what they will appear to be if they call these things Core Moto wheels. The only thing I know that Core Moto makes is brake lines which (let's admit it) really is not that difficult. Maybe they could split it down the middle and call them CorrazzerMoto Wheels.

If they take 4lbs off/set, I think they will put all CF wheels out of business. I hope they can do it but my feeling is that they are already about as light as they can safely be.

Great to hear from the new owner. Carrazzeria was and is a great product and I am very happy the brand will be kept alive so we can all enjoy them on our bikes now and in the future.

Back