Corbin...

Intruder969

Registered
Hi all,

So spent the whole last season as a one up.....the wifey hates the change from the M109R

as a winter project.....ordering the Heli bars

and I want to surprise her with the round thingy for her back from Corbin

but I cant find out whether the round thingy attaches to the OEM seat

or is it a must to buy the rear seat as well

and if it is....does the rear fit to the front OEM

all insight is appreciated as it is a killer to ship anything to Europe...

tks

goldhaya.jpg

Hehe he said round thingy :laugh: Just kidding. Are you talking about this?

216423d1302520302-passenger-seat-backrest-2011-03-30_17-47-44_882.jpg

Since this is my bike, :rofl:, I will say that you must have the Corbin rear seat to use the back rest. The back rest is removable via one bolt that holds the back rest in place in the Corbin seat. One of my wifes favorite mods.

IMAG0199.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

Twoton.....tks for the info....but to be toootally clear I have to buy the round thingy and rear seat....and I dont have to change mine? And the rear seat fits next to my OEM?

Tks twoton....if I call....should I go all in and buy the seat for me as well? Is it worth the bang for the buck....on your pic I think u have the Corbin as well? Any regrets? i mean I am aware this is a super sports bike...but will the seat for me improve things on a longer haul? Pls give me the feedback as Santa's budget is limited .... ;). And if she is an inch higher is the pilot seat higher as well? As I am ordering Helis...if the seat is higher more leg room?

I have the front and am thinking about buying the back for my wife. To be honest I do not like the front seat. It is as hard as a rock and I can feel every vib in my bike now. It is extremely heavy compared to the stock one. Everyone said it takes about 2K miles to break it in. I was really hoping it would be more like the Gen 1 seat. I don't know why they changed the style. I am still going to keep trying mine and just hope it gets better. Here is my front

DSC_0005.jpg

I live about an hour from the Corbin factory here in California. If you want, I can pick up whatever you need and put it in a box and mail it to you for the actual shipping costs. If they try to gouge you for excessive shipping and handling, I can help with that.

I have no idea what the shipping costs will be, but if I can help, let me know. :thumbsup:

Tks 8....but u got me baffled now... 2 buy or not 2 buy

Jedi thats really cool tks a mil

Twoton....helis and round thingy.....anything else a must have? Comfortwise?

I mean comfortwise for the wifey.....I was hoping the helis put me more upright so she doesnt have to assume the gixxer position...

I mean comfortwise for the wifey.....I was hoping the helis put me more upright so she doesnt have to assume the gixxer position...

I just dont see spending that much money on that seat, after all the 50.50 reviews. I'd pass. Maybe get one with some miles on it, if it really is the break in period that helps.

Another one you could think about is the New Image. The offer a back rest for it as well. Only thing is that is does not come off. It is attached to the seat. My wife sits pretty straight up on it most of the time and with the little thing on the back she tells me that she never feels that she will fall off. Here is a pic of mine with both seats. Where do you live? If you are close to me you are more the welcome to try mine just to see if you like it. One thing sixpack77 told me is that he could not move around on it when in the curves. Pic below. You can see the back seat better in the first pic I posted

DSC_0004.jpg

Juli put about 5 thousand miles on that seat this year, its butt approved. :laugh:

on the road.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

Back