Corbin seats and pillion

cutter

Donating Member
Registered
Weather's finally nice enough so that my wife wants to ride. She is pretty comfortable on the stock seat, but feels like she is always sliding down and forward, putting pressure on me. I do feel a fair bit of increased pressure on my wrists and hands with 2-up riding.

Question- how does the Corbin setup work with 2-up riding? I also like the Tobin seat and think that the lowered position would improve my comfort, but probably worsen the problem of the passenger slipping forward.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Can't tell ya how the rear seat is but,i put a corbin front on mine a couple months ago and it is great.What it did do however is put the riders position back a few inches so i was leaning foward more.I put on a set of heli bars and it's like a whole new bike very comfortable and seems to handle better.Totally different feel (but in a good way at least to me)from the stock setup.Hope this helped.

keith

Pro's
Wife will be Much more stable/comfy! Only under hard braking will she still come forward. Added plus, add the back rest for riding the little ones and you'll never have to worry about losing one!
smile.gif
Drivers seat takes sometime to break in as well as the passenger. This can cause some initial discomfort. Got almost 15,000 miles on my set and have Never looked back!
Con's
Break in period! A lot wider than the stock set-up. Your not going to do your best canyon carving sitting in this thing! Pricey..... But, I guess comfort doesn't have a price.

I have the tobin seats on my Elenor... they look good and they feel comfortable, would definetly suggest you to go for them. They give a totally exclusive identity to your bike
biggrin.gif

Regarding riding two up... I cant comment much! Never go two up these days... !! You might consider emailing tobin.He should be able to give you a good solution !!

The wife loved the corbin seat and backrest that I got her. She said it made riding so much more fun because she felt more secure to the bike. With that backrest she didn't feel like she was gunna fly off the bike when I was driving like a maniac. As far as flying forward, she held onto the grabrail the entire time with this corbin because she just had to hold herself to that backrest rather than trying to hold herself in one place without anything to press against. So yes, the seat made riding more enjoyable for me also. (I still rode on the stock seat the entire time) The corbin setup was more comfortable for her, an all around improvement.

If you really want one, email me, I got that passenger seat and backrest still. Sold the Busa, so don't need it anymore. I'd be happy to sell it to you.
-Bill

Back